Chapter Thirty Nine

Beginne am Anfang

"I know, sorry, i'm fine," I smile, plugging my phone up to my charger.

"Hail.."

"No, dad, really, I think Ima be okay."

"Oh, well.. alright then, that's- I'm glad to hear that, kiddo. It'll get easier, honey, I promise. You'll move on, plus you're so young still, you'll find someone else. He's a fücking idiot."

"He apologized tonight."

"Did he?" I nodded. "And?"

"I said no," I muttered.

"No?" My dad frowns.

"He was practically beginning me to forgive him, to take him back, give him a second chance."

"Really?" My dad scoffed, folding his arms along his chest. "And you said no?" He raises and eyebrow.

"For now.." I tell him. I instantly see the little happiness that he was trying to hide vanish from his face. "I love him, dad, I really do and I'm sorry that it had to be with him, I know that you don't like him still, but I'm also not just gonna forgive him in the bat of an eye. I want him to really feel what I felt, I want him to see that I'm not gonna be the same fragile girl he first got with, things are gonna be different if I decide to take him back."

My dad doesn't say anything for a few seconds, he stares at my sternly pushing himself off of my doorframe. "Just becareful, kiddo," he sighs. "A guy like Isaac doesn't look like the type to get pushed around. I honestly believe that he'll do everything in his power to fix it, but a guy will only go to a certain extent, especially after admitting that they're sorry, and that they messed up. If you're gonna forgive him then forgive him, if you're not then move on, kiddo."

~~~~~~~

Although I was still upset with Isaac, I was sad to see that he didn't come to school for the remainder of the week. It wasn't just him though, Dion and Angela missed school the following days as well, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. I personally didn't mind that Dion was absent, it gave me the chance to actually hang out with my own friends again, rather than their little posse. However I did get a little worried today when I didn't see Angela in English class, I ended up texting her asking if everything was alright. School was about to end in about three minutes and I still hadn't got a reply from her yet.

I gathered up all my things and shoved them into my bag, waiting for the school bell to ring, but seeing how it was a Friday Mr. Lynch decided to excuse the class a couple minutes early. I was currently up at the front of the school waiting for Madison to get out of class, she was kind enough to give me a ride home these past few days. I was actually planning on giving her some gas money today that my dad had gave me to give to her, seeing how she did lived in the opposite direction from me.

I had barely shoved my phone back into my jeans when my butt starts to tingle with little vibrations. I pull it back out thinking that it might be Angela but It's Madison, she was replying back to my message, apparently she had to stay after class to talk to her teacher about something and said that she would be out as soon as she can. I quickly replied telling her to taker her time, I wasn't in any hurry. I went back into Angela's message thread to see that she still hadn't read my message, it continued to say "delivered."

I clicked on the little I icon in the bubble on the right hand corner and dialed her number. Her phone rang about three times before she actually answered, "hello?" Her voice sounded a bit hoarse and groggy.

"Oh my god, were you asleep?" I asked.

There's a small smile in her voice, "a little bit, what's up?"