"JAMES!" he heard a screech and a blur of motion as he stepped in the door and was almost pushed onto his back from the speed he was hit with as a pair of grabby little hands clutched his middle and a face squished right into his stomach.

"Sup Toby," he greeted the little guy, "how's the big man doing?"

Toby was a small five year old with firey red hair that he got from his mother but still inherited the Davidson green eyes much like James'. Dawn also shared this trait but her hair fell into a more reddish-brown.

Although Toby was five years old he enjoyed to be picked up and babied and so James entered the living room with Toby hanging onto him like a baby monkey and prattling on about Spider-man in his ear. James made a show of seeming interested but took in the looks he was given as he entered the room. His family never liked the way he dressed and assumed the worst of him. He wasn't really welcome most of the time. Thank God for Toby and Auntie Mary.

"Oh James!" his auntie Mary rose from her seat where she had been talking to his Grandpa Joe with a wide, genuine smile on her face."Look at how much you've grown! So handsome! And you're hair, gorgeous." She hugged him, engulfing him in the scent of vanilla and cinnamon, he hugged her the best he could with Toby still hanging onto him. She pull away after a second or two and moved her hand to his cheek with a fond look in her eyes before something caught her eye from behind him.

"Maureen!" exclaimed, kissing him on the cheek before moving to Maureen.

Toby's weight was starting to strain, god the kid had grown in the few months he had seen him last. He grunted, take large, exaggerated steps and swinging Toby so he squealed and over to a space on the sofa. Toby squealed and scrambled onto James' lap.

"Guess what James, "Toby whispered loudly, his chubby hands at his mouth in a not-so discreet fashion.

"What it is, Tobster?" He smiled at him, looking directly at him and no one else. He could feel their eyes on him, probably worried about James being a bad influence on Toby or something.

"If I was Spider-man, you'd be Mary-Jane," he stage whispered onto his face then grinned widely at him. James looked at him, eyes wide in shock before grinning back.

"But I've not got red hair or am I pretty enough to be Mary-Jane," he rolled his eyes at the boy.

"Then you change it like you changed from blue," the boy frowned, determined and patting his hair a little too rough.

"Aw Toby! Aren't you the little charmer, huh?" James crushed the little guy into his arms, nuzzling his head with his cheek while the kid squealed and squawked, flailing his arms about. "But you don't want you're old, saggy cousin James as Mary-Jane."

"Why not?" he cried, sticking out his bottom lip, his eyes wide and teary. James melted.

"On second thought, yes. I will totally be Mary-Jane. Just for you." He squeezed the little guy to his chest again. The kid was way too cute for his own good, auntie Mary would have her hands full when he was older.

"Ugh, you guys are sickening," he heard Maureen scoff at them as she went behind the sofa, then she bent down to James' ear, "What would Casper think about you two-timing with a child?"

"Shut up, Maureen."

"Yeah, shut up Maureen!" Toby mimicked, grinning looking to James for approval and back to Maureen. James laughed and Maureen gasped.

"Look what you are teaching him!" Maureen pointed to James accusingly, "I shall not be silenced by rotten kids."

Toby made a noise of protest, pointing a finger at her."I am not rotten you are!"