{13}

Chapter Thirteen

"No, no, no," Casper chanted, panicked. He grasped Daniel's arms tighter. "Stop, stop!"

"Look at me Casper," Daniel said calmly and softly. Casper did and saw his brown eyes full of assurance. "I won't until you are ready, don't worry"

Casper nodded. He felt out of breath. He trusted Daniel though, he would be fine. He was just scared.

"Okay I'm just going to..." Daniel shifted and Casper cried out as it moved beneath him, he pulled Daniel closer in fright.

"You are such a pussy Cas." Darla commented from where she was sitting looking on.

Casper glared at her. "Why is she even here?"

"Daniel asked me." She said simply, looking at her nails smugly.

Casper rolled his eyes and turned back to focusing on balancing on this stupid skateboard that wouldn't keep still.

"Sorry." Daniel mouthed. Casper shook his head in response and smiled, Darla would've somehow invited herself anyway.

Daniel had phoned him that morning, waking him up from what he could remember was a pleasant dream.

"Hello?" he grumbled into the phone, his eyes still blurry and his mind foggy.

"Good morning." Daniel chirped. Anyone in that good of a mood in the morning on a Sunday was criminal. "I was just wondering if you wanted to go to the skate park with me today."

Casper woke at that. "Yeah, that would be awesome."

"I could even teach you how to skate?"

"Yeah, yeah. Awesome. I'll meet you at the station in an hour."

An hour was not enough time for Casper to get ready and run down to the train station, even if he did only live a few streets away from it. So Casper was not at his full potential in dress sense but it was only Daniel, he wouldn't care about that stuff but Casper couldn't help but be self conscious.

He wasn't the only one that hadn't dress up today though.

Casper noticed that Darla wasn't wearing her usual get up. She was even wearing a pair of black converse, Casper wasn't even aware that she owned any footwear under a foot. She had a baggy jumper on, which Casper had never seen her wear in his life. She hadn't even done anything to her hair put tie it in a simple ponytail where it hung in natural messy waves, nor had she applied that much makeup. He hadn't seen Darla wear jeans- actual jeans, not those weird thick tights things- since roundabout the time he met her. Don't get him wrong, she still looked gorgeous, but in comfortable and natural sort of way that unnerved Casper.

Casper wondered if Daniel woke her up at the early hour of ten too and she couldn't have been arsed to doll herself up. Considering the amount of boys that were here she should have been regretting it but she looked as if she didn't care in the slightest. Maybe it was because heads were turning in her direction just as it usually was with Darla.

"Ugh!" Casper groaned for the millionth and last time that day before getting off the damn plank of varnished wood with wheels." I can't do it. I give up."

He'd fallen so many times now he was certain every part of his back side were black and blue.

Daniel sighed and nodded while Darla laughed at him. He hated the both of them.

"My turn!" Darla got up and skipped over to Daniel. Both boys were surprised, Casper especially. Darla would avoid any kind of physical activity, especially those that would definitely cause some sort of harm- or break a nail.