Internet Dating (Chapter Two)

Chapter Two

School is such a drag. I mean, seriously. I know we have to learn, but can't we do that at home where we can easily distracted by stuff on YouTube (Paramore videos!!!)? They have to block all the good sites on the school internet. I got lucky and that cancer website isn't blocked, but the guy I talk to is never online during school days.

"Am I meant to do this all alone?" a voice asked.

I glanced to my left and shrugged at Zeke who has text books around him and as is writing while I stared out the window.

Zeke sighed and put his pen down. "You know I don't like doing work, and I usually wouldn't bother, but if I don't pass this assignment my father is going to cut me off," Zeke admitted.

"Cut you off, like not give you money?" I asked.

Zeke nodded and picked his pen back up. He looked over at where I was staring at and then shook his head.

"What?" I frowned.

"Jealous, aren't you?" he muttered.

"What do you mean?" I demanded.

"You're jealous that Harriet got Austin and you didn't," Zeke stated.

Okay, it's true, but I'm not going to say anything. "Least Austin doesn't come with the side order of attitude."

"Well, you're not making it any easier for me," Zeke muttered.

Thank, God that at that moment the bell rang. I picked up all my stuff and got out of there before Zeke can say another word. I walked to my locker and meet Harriet who was buzzing. I rolled my eyes at her as I opened my Paramore filled locker (if you haven't figured it out yet I love Paramore and am obsessed, and I mean who wouldn't be?).

"Seriously, Alex, can you become anymore obsessed?" Harriet asked.

"Yes," I answered. "I could stalk Hayley."

"Don't," she said immediately. "I do not want a crazy person for my best friend."

I smiled at her. "Don't worry; stalking takes too much energy and time. I mean, hello, I have a life. So did you have fun with Austin?"

She immediately went bright red. She leant against the lockers and looked over at me.

"I take it that's my answer," I said, shutting my locker.

"Oh, come on don't be like that," she complained, as I walked down the hallway.

"Be like what?" I asked, putting my iPod.

Harriet watches me scroll through my songs (I pick the song "airplanes part 2" by B.o.B, featuring Hayley Williams of Paramore and Eminem {authors notes: I'm actually listening to that song as I write this. Listen to the first part too I think that one will be the proper single, it just doesn't have Eminem in it}. Told you I was obsessed) and then she speaks.

"Be all angry and jealous," she said.

"I'm not jealous, you have dibs on him, I know that, I'm just annoyed because you have life too so you don't have time to stake him," I said.

"That's not funny," Harriet frowned.

I rolled my eyes and walked into the cafeteria and looked around for my friends. Harriet spotted them before I did and I followed her to them. On this table there were (at that present moment) seven of us (including me and Harriet, so there was five others). First was the blonde haired idiot, Michael (a.k.a Mike) who was Zeke's best friend, and yes, Zeke is one of the five in my group. Then there was Cassie. She's Mike's twin sister and they look freakishly alike, if Mike hadn't of cut his hair short you wouldn't be able to tell them apart 9well you could, but you get the point). Then there was "the twins". They're not actually twins, in fact Jen (Jennifer) was extremely pasty and had short brown hair, while Jessica (Jess) was darker skin (African) and had long black hair. They weren't blood related or anything; they just had a habit of finishing each other's sentences.

"Where's Kane?" I asked.

"Who knows..." Jan muttered.

'... who cares?" Jess finished.

They hi-fived quickly in the air without even looking at their hands to make sure they made contact.

"I'm serious," I said annoyed. "He wasn't here yesterday either, I hope the rumours aren't true."

"Oh, come on, Kane would never sleep with Amber, she's a total slut," Cassie said.

"He didn't think that when he was dating her," Harriet muttered.

"Well, I don't care because either way I get fifty bucks," Mike said.

"What?" Cassie asked.

"I bet him fifty bucks he couldn't keep it in his pants till he turned eighteen, I was right," Mike shrugged.

"Immature," Jen and Jess (have you noticed even their names sound similar??!!) muttered at the same.

"Look, if you worried, Alex, I'll call him this sarvo," Mike said.

"Thanks," I muttered.

"In the mean time you should be worrying about you assignment," Mike said quickly.

I immediately glared at Zeke. "Traitor," I said evilly.

"What? You're the one that's refusing to do any work, it's usually the other way around and you're the one complaining," Zeke said.

"Look," Jen said, butting in. "We all know that you two have a crush on each other."

"Well, everyone expect Zeke and Alex," Jess muttered.

"Right you are, twin (see, they call each other twin, they may as well be attached at the hip), but, Alex, just because you'll never admit Zeke is a good person doesn't mean you can let him fail," Jen finished.

I frowned at her and put my other earphone in of my iPod. Nothing was actually playing, the song ended long ago, but Jen didn't know that.

"Not funny," she muttered.

I just smiled and she rolled her eyes.