Chapter: 15

The song that occurs later in this chapter is called Greatest Love Story by LANCO. One of my favorites.

Sydney...

What have I gotten myself into? All I did was agree to going on an innocent lunch picnic with Josh and then I'm harassed by that bitch.

Don't get me wrong, I was ticked that Josh slept with another girl, but because of my quiet personality, I didn't express my emotions. It didn't even matter to me after that though because he said it was disgusting.

When I found out that it was Logan though, my whole perspective changed. Logan is the beautiful, popular, bitchy girl that even though she's a horrible person, girls tends to get jealous of her. I was jealous of her.

That's when I got mad at Josh. The fact that it was her made it all that worse. I thought that he was different. I thought that he was able to see passed her physical appearance and understand how bad of a person she really is. I guess that's what I get for getting almost involved with popular football players.

I understand that Josh and I aren't in a relationship. We aren't even really friends. I feel like we're too different to become friends. I liked Josh, though. I wish he'd be that sweet, caring person to other people besides me.

Oh well. After storming away from him the other day, I most likely blew any chances with him. It's been three days and I haven't heard from him.

It's not like I've been waiting for him to text me or anything. Just in between helping my grandma plant flowers, taking walks with my grandpa, and going shopping with my mom, I've been glancing at my phone, checking if anything new comes up.

What really confused me was he texted me three days later. I don't know what to think about it. Do I want him to come? Should I forgive him that easily?

All I know is I can't figure out what to wear. Nothing seems right. I've been digging in my closet since three in the afternoon. What has become of me? I've never cared this much appearance before. What's different about tonight?

As soon as I give up on finding a cute outfit and just going in a t-shirt and shorts, I hear a knock on the door.

My grandma comes through, holding something behind her back. "Guess what I have." She says. She is silent, waiting for an answer.

I raise an eyebrow and she soon realizes, "Oh, I'm sorry, I've got to get used to that." She laughs nervously.

I give her a small smile. At least she's trying to be patient. It'll wear off though, just like it did with the kids back home. They got bored and left, knowing that there won't be any communication between us two.

She continues, "I found something in my closet. It was your mother's when she was a teenager like you. Since I heard you rummaging through your closet, I figured it would be the perfect time to give it to you." She holds out a pretty, pale pink dress. It's more of a simple short sundress, but it's utterly gorgeous. Instead of what a normal person would say, I respond with a small hug and a smile. My grandma looks pleased, and says, "You're welcome," as she walks out of the door, letting me try it on.

About an hour later, I walk down the stairs with my usual crazy wavy hair, loosely curled. I put on makeup and decided to wear brown sandals that strap at the ankles. I feel like a princess as I walk down the stairs. It felt like one of those moments where a father would shed a single tear as their daughter walks down the stairs in her prom dress. Too bad I never went to a school dance and I don't have a real father.