Newt's Worry...

Y/N's POV:
A few moments after I scrambled up into the tree, Newt's head popped up in the gap where the ladder meets the floor boards of the half finished house within the leaves. I buried my face into my knees, he couldn't see me like this. My face felt sore, and being covered in cuts, mud and tears didn't really help with the pain. My eyes felt red, puffy and dry and from the amount of crying I had done and also due to my lack of sleep. My lips were chapped I soon realised this when I had ran my finger across my bottom lip earlier that day.
I could hear his footsteps move across the floorboards, creaking adding death to every step as he began to approach me. I felt him wrap his arm around me as he sat down next to me, leaning against me and pulling my fragile, pale body closer to his. I felt his hand against mine, gently moving it away from my face and interlocking his fingers with mine.
I began to lift my head slightly, to look at him. Our noses were almost touching, I had underestimated how close he really was to me. He began to speak. His voice with quiet and soft, calming my nerves as soon as his mouth opened;
"Hey, I know it's all very frightening love, but it's going to be ok, I promise, but you can't run off like that, at least, not until you know your way around!"
His voice began to have a sense of worry, as if he didn't want me to discover something, or someone for that matter.
"I mean, you could have ran out of those doors and gotten trapped out in the Maze with the Grievers all night, and if anything bad were ever to happen to you, I would never be able to forgive myself for it!"
I could see that he was fighting back his tears as his eyes began glistening in the sun light.
"If you feel scared, or alone, then come talk to me! I'll be here for you, even if your the newest Newbie around here."
I felt comfort in his words, even though I'd already been here less then an hour - I knew someone here already who cares about me and how I felt about what was going on. But I need to know if I could trust him, or anyone else in this place for that matter. I continue to ask him questions, hoping for some straight forward answers.
"Who put us here? Where are we? Why can't I remember anything?" I asked him, the sense of panic grew in my voice after every word slipped off my tongue and into the world.
"Well, the people who put us here, we call them "The Creators", very creative huh?" He sighed sarcastically, "Anyway, we don't really know much else about the Creators except that we all woke up with here with no recollection of our previous life's before the Maze."
"Maze? What Maze? And what are Grievers, And Shanks? And why is everyone calling me "Greenie"?" I continue on.
"You see that gap between the two walls on the Western Wall?" I followed Newt's gaze as he points to a large gap between the two walls, it only looks around 5 metres wide at most. I nod at him.
"Through those doors, is a Maze, a huge one. Everyday we sent out two Runner's to map it and try to find a way out of here." He continues, "Ah, also, everyone calls you Greenie because your the newest Newbie here, that's what we call all the new people. Every month on the same day, at the same time, someone new appears out of the Box. However, your the first girl ever to appear out of it. So that's why everyone is curious as to who you really are. And, to be perfectly honest, I don't think you wanna know what a bloody Griever is." He said, a shiver ran up my spine. If Newt wasn't telling me what on earth a "Griever" was, then it didn't sound good.
"Newt?" I ask him quietly,
"Yes, beautiful?" He replies.
"I'm scared" I shiver,
"Don't be," he exclaims, pulling my head so that I lay on his chest. I could hear his heart beat racing, like the beat of a drum.
Dum. Dum dum. Dum.
"You have me" he continues to say, "Your gonna be just fine."

——————————————————————
Hey guys!
I really hope your enjoying my book so far! I wrote a really long chapter again for you guys because it's really late and I felt bad cause you hadn't had one all day, (22/02/2018). Anyway, the next chapter will be about the secrets that lie within the Glade and will Y/N finally discover who this mysterious Minho is and why she can remember his name?
Also, if anyone has any suggestions for the this book or a future book idea, I am more than happy to take them in as feedback.
See ya later!
~ Author :)