Nothing's Safe [Part Six]...a Supernatural TLN Sequel

Start from the beginning

His brother nodded his head, “We’ll get as far as we can, damn right.”

I knew what he meant, we would kill as many evil S.O.B.’s as we could, or die trying.

********************************************************************

Charlie sat down at her own desk now, and took another swig out of the flask. Not quite so fast, she reminded herself thoughtfully, you don’t want to get wasted when you’ve got work to do.

She plugged in the USB Flash drive, cracking her knuckles out of habit. Time to kick it in the ass. She thought with a smug grin.

“Hey guys,” She said quietly to the Bluetooth. 

“Hey,” Dean replied back, a hint of relief in his voice. 

She grinned, “Sending you all the flagged Dig Files now.”

******************************************************************

Back in the van we cheered, “Charlie—you are a genius!” Sam praised, and Breanna grinned, not caring that Sam praised Charlie now that we found out Sam wouldn’t even be her type. She wouldn’t admit to it, but she liked that giant, broad-looking hunter named Sam.

“I know,” Charlie replied, complimenting her intelligence.  She hears a door open and footsteps approach. Her face falls as she peeks up out of her cubicle, the blood draining out of her face once she sees who it is.

It was the Leviathan Pete. 

“Damn it.” She swore, minimizing what files she could. “Hey Pete.” She said merrily, “Guess we’re both on deadlines huh?”

“How’s it going?” He asked. 

She looked at the computer, “Good, good. I’ll give you a full progress report in a few hours.”

“Great,” The leviathan smiled and patted her on the shoulder, “Gotta meet that deadline right?” Charlie refrained from flinching at the touch of him, “Well, holler if you need anything.” He said and she gave him a smile and a thumbs up, breathing a sigh of relief as he walked away.

She sat back down in her chair, “What was that about?” Hope asked, sounding genuinely concerned.

“Oh just my manager, the monster.” Charlie said, eyes wide.

“Leave,” Dean ordered and she shook her head.

“I can’t. I got to act normal. I told em I was working, let’s just finish this.”

She clicked a file and her eyes widened, “Are you seeing this?”

Breanna scrolled through the documents, “Dick Roman stopped the archaeological digs days ago.”

“Why?” Charlie questioned, perplexed.

Sam’s brow furrowed, “I guess he found what he was looking for.”