Chapter 12

Chaper 12

Caden

“Hey! Wait up,” Xavier said. He ran up to me and Savannah. School just ended and we were just going home.

“Yeah?” I said. I saw his eyes dart from me to Savannah. I was happy for Savannah because I knew he was a good guy. I had a talk with him right after Savannah was getting taken care of by the pack doctor. Xavier opened up to my like a close friend. I mean, look at the way he looks at Savannah. He’s like a lovesick puppy and I can see that Savannah has him wrapped around her finger. I don’t really know why she’s playing with him and making him jealous and all. Oh well, that’s my evil little sister.

“Um, I was wondering if you can come by tonight. I have some important news to tell you. And I also needs some help with something,” he said. I nodded and got into the car.

“Does 5:30 sound good?” I asked.

“Yeah, that’s fine,” he replied back.

I turned the ignition on and waited for Savannah to get in the car. She looked from me to Xavier.

“Oh, I forgot to tell you that Angel said that I have to ride with her. She told me something about mom and Janice talking? I don’t know...” she said.

“Okay, I’ll see you later then,” I said.

“Hey! Before you go... Don’t you dare put a scratch on my baby,” she said, sternly. I knew she was talking about her car. I laughed.

“Yeah, yeah,” I added. She laughed as well, but added, “I’m serious Caden!”

“Okay,” and with that I drove off.

Savannah

I turned to Xavier after Caden left. He was totally taking in how I looked. His eyes were filled with lust and his hands were twitching a little. I’m guessing he was having an urge to touch me. I laughed in my head. Time to work my magic...

“Umm,” I interrupted him from his gaze. “You got a little drool on your chin.” He wiped off the imaginary drool and realized that I was kidding. I was laughing so hard that I had to hold onto his arm, so that I don’t fall from all my laughter. I ignored the sparks that ignited when I touched him. I looked back at him and I could see him staring at me and giving me the brightest smile that made my heart skip a beat. My laughter died and I just stared at him. I was taking in his features. He looked amazing, and my brain was telling me to look away, while my heart was telling me something different.

“What?” I said, a little more sweetly than I expected it to come out.

“My wolf and I like it when you’re happy and laughing,” he said. I blushed a crimson red. I heard a growl of approval from him. “And my wolf likes it when you blush from anything I say.”

I made my hair hide my face, so that I was blushing a lot more after that. I was walking away when he caught my hand and pulled me back to him. I felt the sparks again.

“Where do you think you’re going?” he asked. I stared into his chocolate brown eyes. I couldn’t look away.

“Going to find Angel,” I whispered.

“She already left, she said I have to drive you home,” he said.

“She left! How could she, I can’t ride with you!” I exclaimed.

“I know, babe, you can’t stay away from me,” he said, smugly. He gave me when of his famous cocky smirks.

“Uhhhh, I’m not going with you, I’m going to walk to the pack house. Thank you very much.” I said. I pushed him away and started walking away.

“Babe?” he questioned.

“What Xavier!” I said. He growled.

“Love it when you say my name,” he added.

“I know,” I said, with a smirk.

“I was trying to tell you that the pack house is the other way,” he said, matter-of-factly.

“Ohhh.” I blushed. All the sudden, Xavier picked me up and threw me over his shoulder. I was telling over and over again to him to put me down. He put me in the passenger seat of his car. When he sat in the drivers seat, I gasped.

“What?” he smiled. His eyes were full of laughter.

“Your-your-your,” I stuttered.

“My what?” he asked. I could see the confusion on his face.

“What a gorgeous mustang!” I finally said. He laughed. His black mustang was incredible. He laughed.

“Glad you liked it... it’s going to be ours soon, not only mine,” he winked. I blushed and tried to hide my face with my hair again.

“No, love, I love looking at your flawless face,” he said and tucked the hair that was hiding my face behind my ear. He looked at me with such love. I blushed even more with his stare.

“Can we go home?” I said, softly. His eyes brightened.

“Home? You said home! We certainly can,” he said. He looked happy that I said the pack house as home. My wolf purred with satisfaction, seeing our mate happy. I couldn’t help, but smile back at him.