Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Xavier

We were on the way to go to meet the newest members of my pack. I was excited because they were my dad’s childhood friends. The male of that family is my dad’s best friend. That’s why I accepted their request to join my pack without even meeting them. My dad, the previous Alpha, trusts them... so I should as well. I heard that this family had a Mr. and Mrs. Vega and their twins, Caden and Savannah. Hmm... Savannah is a pretty name. I wonder if she’s my mate? That’s out of the question. I’m the Alpha and I still haven’t met my mate.

We walk up to their so-called house. I mean, it looked like a freaking mansion. We walked in to be greeted by a couple. They seemed very nice.

“John, it’s nice to meet you. It’s been a long time!” I’m guessing Mr. Vega said.

“Ryan, look at you. Still young as ever, wild, and free” My dad said. He laughed heartily and gave Mr. Vega and man hug.

“Alice!” My mom squealed.

"Janice!" Mrs. Vega said.

What is up with female werewolves squealing when they see their long-lost best friend. Uhhh... typical female werewolves. Except some were mellow... I wonder if my mate is mellow.

My dad looked at me.

“Hello Mr. Vega, I’m Xavier. The new Alpha of this pack,”  I stated.

“That’s my boy!” My dad said to Mr. Vega.

“Please, call my Ryan,” Mr. Vega... umm... Ryan said.

All the sudden, I could hear drums. It was free style and upbeat. Everyone was sitting in the family room. I have to admit, it was big as the pack house. The drums were getting louder and louder. Then, came a guitar solo. I have to say, I loved the beat. I mean, my feet were tapping the floor with the beat.

“Excuse me, that’s my daughter, Savannah, and my son, Caden. They have a passion for music,” Ryan said, apologetically. “Guys! Keep it down, please.”

“Sorry dad!” A voice said with pure harmony. It was such a beautiful voice that it made me shiver with delight.

“Come down, the Alpha and his family are here to meet you,” Ryan said.

“We’ll be right down, dad,” said another voice. It must have been their son, Caden.

Just then, my phone rang. It was my Beta, Will. There were a few rogues that intruded our territory. I had to settle this. But... I wanted to meet the girl who has a voice of an angel.

“Dad, that was Will. There are a few rogues on our territory. I’ll have to take care of this,” I said. I looked at Ryan. I smiled apologetically.

“It’s fine,” Ryan said. “My children will meet you at school, right? Caden and Savannah are 18 as well.”

“Okay, I’ll see them then,” I said. Smiling at the thought of meeting the face to the angelic voice.