Chapter 13: Hidden In Regret

Y/N POV

"Why haven't you told me that you were there Y/N! I hate you!", Lina playfully punched me as she saw the video on my phone. "It's unfair that you came to the concert while I didn't cause I was waiting for your decision!"

"I didn't even know that we would watch on their concert. I'm really sorry!", I apologized as I laughed at her. "I thought that we're only there to tour them."

"Tell me, who's the prettiest among them?", she carefully watched some pictures.

"Jihyo.", I asnwered.

"Yah! You're being biased!"

"I'm not! She's got this charms all over her. She's got a different aura. She's also a kind person.", I raised my hands. "She also asked me to come to the airport before they left. She also gave me a sweatshirt. Here, a selfie with her gift."

"Wow! The two of you seems close. Did you use black magic to lure her? It's fishy.", she examined me. "An idol can't be this very gentle or doesn't really act like this if that person is not that close to her. It doesn't even apply on the idols only, most of the people are like that. An idol giving an expensive gift to a new person? Something's wrong."

That's right! Jihyo could've said that this sweatshirt is a remembrance but we have known each other for 3 days only!

"Could it be that Jihyo fell in love with you at first sight?", she added. "No, it's more impossible."

"Wait, let me tell you something.", I said. "She mentioned that we're childhood friends."

"So, is it true?", Lina cupped her face.

"Of course, no! I haven't even went to Korea before."

"Maybe she saw someone on you. She thought of you as someone fron her past that made her act gentle towards you. Maybe you resemble a lot from her childhood friend."

Who's that special someone then? If she's really searching for that special someone, why would it be me? I'm from another country. I'm from another world.

Jihyo's POV

"Missing Y/N already?", Jeongyeon gave me a cup of coffee. "Missing the fun?"

"There's no fun in going together with her.", I rolled my eyes. "Thanks for the coffee by the way."

"Why? You like being with her, right? She comforts you. You're showing off a different side of you whenever you are with her.", Jeongyeon talked to me.

Instead of spilling everything to Jeongyeon, I escaped by going outside our dorm. I can't do this. This can't be real. It's so dark when I went outside. I hope that the skies won't cry together with me.

"Hey! Where are you going?", Mina called me as I kept on walking. "Hey! Stop!"

"Please, let me go.", I begged Mina as she held my hand.

"What's going on? Come on, talk to me. What's your problem?"

"I don't have any problems. As a leader, I should be the one to take care of you guys so please don't worry about me."

"Do you mind if I join you wherever you will go?", she asked as I nodded.

We went to the Karaoke and I sang my heart out. Why does Mina keep on interacting with me? She's not like this to the other members.

"Minari? Why do you always accompany me?", I asked her hoping for a rightful answer.

"I know that what you're going on is not that easy for you.", she told me.

"What do you mean?"

"That you're finding it hard because of Y/N. That you're having an illusion that she's your childhood friend.", she blurted out. "But Jihyo, she's not your childhood friend. If she was, she'd be glad to acknowledge that you were friends before especially that you're the first one who noticed that. They might have the same looks and name but they're not the same."

"How did you get such hypothesis?", I tried to calm myself.

"Jihyo, it's clear that she's treating you as a friend. A friend that came on her life just now not a friend that was her friend from the past. Me, Jeongyeon, and Momo were talking about this. That you've mistaken her from your old friend."

"Shut up.", I interrupted as I am almost going to burst.

"But Ji, Y/N didn't recognize you it's so-", Mina continued.

"You know nothing about this Mina! Stop acting like you know everything!", I raised my voice as I reached my temper.

I dashed away from the Karaoke and ran on the streets. It rained. It's a heavy rain. I don't care if the street's slippery. I want to escape this world. I want to get wet by the rain. I want to wash away this feeling. I'm hidden in regret.

"Why did I have to lose you on such way Y/N?! Why are you being unfair?!", I yelled on a bridge without many passersby. "If I only knew what happened to you before, I wouldn't have perished."

I cried and cried as my tears went together with the rain up to the flow of the river under the bridge. I stayed there until I felt that the raindrops dropping on my head were already gone.

"Jihyo! What are you doing here?! You could get sick because of this!", a familiar voice held an umbrella to cover my head. "Geez, let's just go now. You are really a crazy kid."

"How did you find me eomma?", I asked my mom as she dried me with a little towel.

"I went to your dorm but your members were worried that you haven't arrived yet. Mina is crying because she feels guilty saying that she's the reason why you ran away."

I'm a bad leader. I shouldn't let my members worry about me especially Mina. She's trying to be kind to me. I should be the one who should feel guilty.

"But why did you go to our dorm Eomma?", I asked her again.

"You know that your sister's graduation day is coming. I would like to tell you about some details if ever you're available to attend her graduation day.", Mom told me. "It's okay if you can't come, your sister is going to understand you."

"No worries eomma, I will surely come. I'm so proud of her. It's her special day.", I assured my mom.

"Since it is now settled, I want to know why did you fight with Mina? Is there something wrong?"

"It's nothing serious Eomma.", I lied although tears are visible in my eyes again.

"I know you. You're not the kind of person who's going to run around just because of a simple problem Baby. I know that it really stroke your emotion. I'm your mother, you can't simply lie to me. The last time that you got so depressed was because of your childhood friend. You were still a kid at that time. I understood that you were not that good in dealing your emotions. But now, what is your problem? I could help you.", Mom held both of my hands.

"That's the problem.", I looked away.

"What is?"

"I met her. I thought I was right but I wasn't. She's different.", I looked back at my mother as tears fell down again. "She's different cause something happened to her."

___________________________________

Author's Note: Hi guys! Don't forget to leave some comments! I'm so happy for your support! Love y'all!