Chapter 33: This Time

Jihyo's POV

"Min-", Chaeyoung was about to call Mina but I covered her mouth tightly.

"We have to go now.", I grabbed Chaeyoung back to the hospital.

"Why didn't you let me call her?", Chaeyoung flooded me with questions. "Don't tell me that, that was her lover?"

"I don't even know Chaeyoung but don't you think it's rude to disturb people's conversations especially that we don't know the guy?", I answered her diligently. "Also, don't tell Mina that we saw her awhile ago. Okay?"

"Unnie, why?"

"Just listen to me please.", I said as she nodded.

"Oh! You're already here! I'm gonna eat now.", Momo grabbed the paper bags.

"That was fast.", Sana said. "Why is Mina still not here?"

"I'm here.", Mina opened the door. "Why are you searching for me?"

"Nothing. You know, as your friends, we worry for you.", Sana smiled.

"I can handle myself.", she coldly said.

"Yes, you can handle yourself but what about others?", I said out of pure anger. "Can you handle others, Mina?"

"Are you mocking me?", she smirked.

"If you think that's what I'm doing, then it's your view.", I shrugged and passed by her to whisper on her ear. "Let's stop playing games Mina. You're the selfish one here. Admit it sooner. Don't let me find it out by myself."

Her eyes widened as I whispered it to her ear. She gulped hard like she feels guilty. I thought I know her so well but she's mysterious. Mischievous.

"I should go outside first. I need air.", I told everyone.

"Don't you want to stay here beside Y/N?", Tzuyu asked me.

"I guess it's better if I'm not beside her. I keep on giving her bad luck."

Mina's POV

Did Jihyo found out? Did she follow me again? Why is she so hardheaded? She cannot find this out. I won't let her know everything. This time, I'll be more careful. I followed her outside as she went to the rooftop of the hospital.

"Stay where you are.", she voiced out. "What a surprise Mina! I thought that I'll always be the follower but this time, it's you. What brings you here?"

"I just want to tell you that you can't threaten me.", I confronted her. "I'm not afraid of you Jihyo and never will I be."

"Oh! So you're that brave?", she moved forward towards me. "If you're brave enough Mina, then tell me, why are you with that person?"

"I-i.", I stuttered feeling the pressure of Jihyo's intimidating voice. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"You're weak.", she snorted

"I am not!", I yelled. "That person was just asking some directions!"

"Oh yes Mina! That person was just asking but both of you are talking with a serious tone? Good grief."

"What do you expect? That we should laugh when there's nothing to laugh about?"

"Let's stop this. Once I'll find out what you're planning, expect the unexpected Mina.", she walked away making me dumbfounded until my phone rung.

"What do you want this time?!", I screamed immediately.

"Meet me at _______ restaurant.", the latter told me.