Chapter 5: I'm Uninterested in Men

Jisoo's POV

"Mom, how do you know if you're having a crush with someone?", I asked my mom while she's feeding my little sister.

"Crush? When your heart beats faster whenever you see your crush. Crush is when you idolize someone. So, it is not a big deal.", my mom answered with a question plastered on her face. "Wait, why do you ask such things? Are you having a crush on someone Jisoo?"

"Eh?! Nope!", I acted cool as my mother examined my facial expressions.

"You're still a kid Jisoo. It's okay. It's just a crush. It's normal.", she smiled at me.

How do I say this? How do I tell my mom that I think Y/N is my crush? How do I tell her that I think I'm uninterested in men? No worries, I'm still unsure of my feelings anyways. I need to stop this.

Y/N POV

"Jisoo? Do you want to hangout later after dismissal? There's a new ice cream shop near our place.", I asked Jisoo excitedly as I keep on shaking her.

"Hmm... I'm busy.", she plainly answered. "I have to go to my classroom now. Bye."

What's up with her? Even if we were walking on our way to school, she's silent and it seems like she's not on the mood to talk to me. Have I done something wrong?

The class is ongoing but I keep on looking outside the door to see if Jisoo passes by. I raised my hand immediately to call for the attention of my teacher.

"May I go to the comfort room Ms. Bae?", I asked as Ms. Bae nodded.

I went outside and paused for a moment when I reached Jisoo's room. She's silent. That's what I like about her.

"Oh! Y/N! Why are you here?", Seonchu tapped my back.

"Ah! I'm heading to the comfort room.", I smiled at Seonchu. "I should go there now. Bye."

I jogged away from Seonchu as I looked back. Why is he staying there at Jisoo's classroom? It seems like he's searching for someone there.

"Umm. Excuse me?", I asked Jisoo's classmate. "Have you seen Jisoo?"

"Oh! She went out awhile ago! I think she went with her former bully?", she answered.

"Oh, sure. Thanks for the information.", I bowed as I felt disappointed that Jisoo didn't wait for me.

I went directly to the canteen and I saw Jisoo being silent with Seonchu and his friends. Should I join them?

"Oh! Hey Y/N! Come on! Join us!", Seonchu called me as I was in the middle of asking myself.

I sat in front of Jisoo who's sitting beside Seonchu. Seonchu keeps on talking to her yet she just simply nod or shook her head. She won't even look at me until the recess time ended.

Jisoo's POV

"Hey Jisoo! Do you want to go to the new ice cream shop?", Seonchu blocked my way as I'm ready to go home.

I turned down Y/N's invitation though the truth is that I'm not busy. Maybe, hanging out with my other friends is not a bad idea after all.

"Sure. Let's go.", I smiled at Seonchu as we walked together.

"Are you sure about this Jisoo? It's odd.", Seonchu keeps on staring at me oddly.

"What's odd?", I asked him.

"It's odd that you don't even care that Y/N is not with you. It's odd that you went with me leaving the two of us alone together."

As he said Y/N's name, I feel guilty. I feel guilty for lying to Y/N and of course, I feel guilty for lying to myself. But, I have to do this.

"There's something wrong.", he added. "Did the two of you fight?"

"Nope. It's just... I can't explain. Don't mind it. It's nothing serious.", I looked away.

As we entered the ice cream shop, Seonchu ordered for me as I sat on the corner. My body felt cold. I need to feel warm.

"Here, a chocolate ice cream for you Jisoo.", Seonchu handed me a chocolate ice cream.

"Thank you very much.", I took the ice cream from him and smiled gently as a payback.

If I'm only with Y/N, she wouldn't buy me this chocolate ice cream, she would've bought me my favorite strawberry ice cream. For me, that's the sweetest thing ever.

"What a gentleman. They're still young and yet they're already sweet to each other. They'll end up happily together in the future.", murmurs of some older people were heard around as Seonchu chuckled.

"Why are you chuckling?", I asked Seonchu as I ate a little from my food.

"Can you hear what the people are saying?", he spilled out as I nodded. "They think that we look good together."

"So? What's the big deal?", I looked down as I kept on thinking about Y/N.

"Don't you think that they're right? That we look really good together?", he took my hand as I looked at him strangely.

"What do you mean?", I took his hand away from mine.

"I like you Jisoo.", he smiled sweetly at me.

Just like the ice cream he has bought for me, I don't like it. In short, I don't like him. I only have one person I like.

"What do you say? Let's be a couple someday.", he said as I didn't answer.

"I'm sorry.", I bowed down as he stopped me on getting up from my chair.

"Why? I know we're still young that's why I told you that I can wait.", he panicked a little.

"I can't.", I said. "I'm uninterested in men, Seonchu. I've got someone I like."

Y/N POV

I ran faster to go home as I'm really furious why Jisoo didn't wait for me. I might be used on going home together with her and she's the only one I want to be together with every dismissals. What's wrong with her?

I stopped for a moment just to look at her house before entering my house. No, I don't want to talk to her. I won't knock on her door and ask her mom where she is.

"Oh! Why are you sweating?", my aunt immediately went to me and changed my clothes. "Why aren't you on the mood Y/N? Something bad  happened in the school?"

Not just bad, it's worse. I mean, this day is worst. I can't handle this anymore. Why do I feel bad about this?

"Here, I'll give you money for you to buy ice cream on that new shop. You want to go there right?", my aunt smiled at me. "Go to Jisoo now. Ask her out."

"Thanks auntie! You're the best!", I hugged my aunt tightly.

I opened the door and looked at the Park's house. She said she's busy right? I should go by myself then.

"Can I have a cookies and cream please?", I grinned excitedly as I looked at the new shop's ice creams. "Thank you!"

I licked my ice cream until I got a brain freeze. I got a brain freeze when I saw Jisoo together with Seonchu. He was smiling at her like he wants to be with her. Did Jisoo refused to go with me cause she had some other plans?

"What a gentleman. They're still young and yet they're already sweet to each other. They'll end up happily together in the future.", my ice cream dropped as I heard such murmurs.

Am I being jealous or was I just hurt because of Jisoo who's acting coldly? Why do I even care too much? I feel like I'm uninterested in men because of Jisoo.