Chapter 34 | The Situation

Start from the beginning

"I best be going. I have a universe to attend to."then he vanished into thin air.

I heard the coded demand to turn and leave. We did a ripple effect in turning but as we reached the door, Zeus stopped us and asked where we would be staying.

We didn't bother turning around. We continued on our way as Lace Craig and Azalea Raw stayed behind to explain what our plan is.

It was bormal for the two officers with the highest authority will be yhe ones to explain the plan the sector/s will follow through. Normally, Luke and I have yhe hughest authority but since we are having this collaboration with the Alpha, Lace and Azalea has the floor. Honestly, I didn't mind, and by the looks of it, so does Luke. He was walking with his arms moving synchonized with his feet, as we all did and because of the years we've spent together, I know there by the way his fists swing back and forth more harshly than usual that something is going through his mind. So, not giving the explanations like we usually do isn't really a problem. As I look around on my sector members, I remembered I had a bigger problem to control.

***

THIRD PERSON POV

"You swing it that way and you break your arm. You do it this way."the burly woman swung the blade expertly. She held the sword like she was a war veteran at the age of 27...well, she is. "Got that?"

"I-I think."the little boy said hesitantly. He tried doing it on his wooden swrod but fell forward and hit the ground.

She sighed heavily before helping the kid to stand on his feet. The kid smiled sheepishly at her while she raised a brow at him.

"Why don't we take five?"she asked him. The kid nodded eagerly and that forced her to let him be, knowing it was going to last more than five.

Clarisse La Rue-Rodriguez sat on the ground as she watched the little boy from the Athena Cabin join his friends and take a rest beside them. He was practically a little over 6 years old. While Clarisse never wanted to train a kid as young or younger than he is, circumstances forced her too. She knew damn well that these kids should never experience the things that her generation went through. Two wars, TWO WARS for the fates' sake. It seems like it wasn't enough and three times is a charm. These kids aren't fit for fighting. And the chances that they would win, even if she wasn't an Athena kid, she knew it was getting lower by the second. She could only hope Jason and the others would bring something good when they get back.

Thinking about the way it would affect these kids left her feeling angry beyond compare. Clarisse never notice how hard she was holding the grass until someone touched it to stop her from hurting herself...and the ground. She looked up to her husband, Chris Rodriguez. He looked at her in concern before turning his gaze to the little boy, Lincoln, she was training earlier. Clarisse knew that he knew what she was thinking of again.

"You do know that he is an Athena kid, right? Not all of them are fit for battle like...Annabeth."Clarisse takes it back, he doesn't what she's thinking.

Clarisse glared at him, "Can't you see? Camp is a mess. It's not just about Lincoln! It's about all of us. Annabeth is not in her right mind. Percy is still missing. Most of us have kept to themselves to protect their family. Like Miranda and..."she trailed off when she remembered her husband's half-brother.

"Connor."he said somberly. "You can say his name, Clarisse. I can't go into this war with a grudge towards anyone, especially my brother. After all he forgave me when I turned my back to him. Although, I can't say the same for Travis."he said before holding her hand while watching the little kids run.

Last night, the Stolls had a fight. Connor announced yhat he was going to hide with Miranda and their unborn child. A lot of other demigods imitated what he'd done. Travis couldn't accept that his brother was leaving them. They had a big argument in the middle of the campfire. In the end, Connor said an apology and left that same night. It left Chris, Clarisse, and Katie to help Travis and the camp.