Chapter 13 | What To Do...

Third Person POV

"Shit."Xiana cursed before sprinting towards the marketplace. Soon Percy followed suit, running to catch up with her

"Xiana, what is happening?"he asked.

She peered over him for a moment with a distressed expression, "Frios. A Frios attack."she said vaguely. She recognized the cry a while ago as theirs. She should know, she battled them often in the Friona Planet when they plan to attack Xilphain. But now, they attacked without her and the others knowledge.

She failed to her duty.

Percy just nodded, he knew that there was no time to explain. It would take them more time to get there. He can still hear the rumbling footsteps and he wondered how many people are marching their way here.

He saw people running away, others were screaming and panicking while others help. He saw a child Felixian lying on the floor, dead. He looked away because the scene was too familiar. At one point the voices surrounded him but he pushed them away. He can't ket that in his head now.

His hands wandered to his pockets. There he felt his pen. Riptide. Am I needing you today?

"Percy"he peered towards Xia, who was set on running. She looked determined but the worry never left her eyes. His eyebrows met, Her expression looks familiar. He studied her stance, Even the way she runs."You go find Mom, normally she's in the bake shop with Dorothy. I'll go find my father."

He stared at her before nodding, the way she gave those orders were familiar too. He saw her press sonething on her wrist and then she spoke, "Code 4, I repeat Code 4, in the local marketplace. I need backup."

"What was that?"She peered at Percy and bit her lower lip.

"Percy, I'll explain later okay? Just..."

"You're part of the army, aren't you?"He asked bluntly. She looked shocked, she looked at him for a second.

She was about to say something but he saw her suddenly stop in their tracks, she looked around so he did the same. He froze and saw the marketplace completely destroyed.

He muttered words that didn't sound very nice and looked at Xia, "Let's meet here. I'll go find Mrs. Wasline."

Normally, Xiana would threaten him to tell Niza that he called her Mrs. Wasline but guven the circumstances she only nodded before turning to find her father.

Percy sighed, "You've got to be alright, Niza."he muttered. "The Fates really hates me."

***

Ms. Dorothy Biggs was whimpering as a pain surged from her feet which was under a big debris from her own pastry shop. She tried wiggling out but her feet was stuck.

She glanced around her crumbling shop. She sighed. Years and money was taken to build this beloved pastry shop of hers and now it's wasted. Well, atleast i'll die with it.she thought.

She made a face though, "Dying, 36 and single."What a life.

She didn't want to give up but seeing that there is no other way, she had no choice but to accept that she'll die there with her business. She wondered if all the other shop owners was in the same situation, she hoped not. Obviously, no one had expected an army of Frios to march their way to the loud and rowdy marketplace and shoot the talking fisherman, Charlie Fasco. Sure, he was obnoxious and most of the retailers here aren't very fond of him but no one really wanted him dead. They charged the Frios but was stopped when the Frios in front shouted and they started burning the stalls and stores. Dorothy, along with the other owners, went to save their shops and products, but that wasn't the only thing she wanted to save because her bestfriend Mrs. Niza Wasline was there waiting for her. She went inside her burning shop and took Niza out but not before a flaming debris fell on Dorothy. She pushed Niza out of the way and when she tried to help she said to go find her daughter because the Frios were heading to the school grounds next. Niza found the hose that was owned by the fish stall nearby and used it to quench the fire. Hesitantly, she ran to the school to save her child and only wished that someone would save her stuck friend.

Only she didn't expect that her friend would be saved by a certain boy she took care of.

"Mrs. Wasline!"

Dorothy turned her head. "Hello! Help!"She could cry, someone will come. She won't die. "Help, I'm here!"

A young man, went inside and looked around the room. When his eyes landed on Dorothy, his eyes widened before rushing forward to help her.

"Okay, calm down."He said when he saw the tears flowing from her eyes. But they weren't there because she's scared, it was because she's relieved. "I'm going to find a way to help you."

Percy tried thinking of a way to help her. He can't carry the debris because it was too heavy and big. He glanced around and saw a metal that he thinks can help. He walked towards it, careful for the other debris and metals on the floor. He picked the metal rod up and walked back again.

"Miss, i'm going to elevate it. When it's high enough wriggle your feet free."

"But, I can't move my feet, I think they're broken."

Having presented another problem, Percy scratched the top of his head. Internally, he wanted to leave and continue finding Mrs. Wasline but he can't leave this woman especially wjth her eyes looking extremely hopeful. Suddenly, he had an idea.

"What about if I held the rock high long enough using the rod the i'll pull you out just in time? Is that okay?"he asked permission to touch her. You'll never know if she's concious about touching her.

"It's okay, I just need to get out of here."she said.

Immediately, Percy went to work with it. He pressed the bent part of the metal rod under the debris next to Dorothy's leg and pulled it down. He stepped on it, he pressed his lips together because it was painful. He held Dorothy's shoulder and pulled her out. He took his foot away and gasped in relief.

He peered at Dorothy and saw that she was trying to stand up but failing. He offered his hand and she took it. But his hand was not enough because she almost fell again but Percy caught her just in time. He walked outside the shop and placed her on the half bench. He didn't know what happened to it but there was no other place to put her down.

Dorothy smiled at the him and said, "Thank you, I have been there for a bad 10 minutes. It was horrible."she looked past his shoulder and sighed, "I'll never open the pastry shop again."

His eyes widened, "You're pasry shop?"she nodded, "You must be Dorothy, do you know where Niza is?"

Suddenly, she remembered her friend, "Oh my goodness, Niza! She's headed to the school to find her daughter. That's where the Frios are going next!"

"Xanaia."He whispered. "I need to go. Are you going to be okay?"

She nodded, "You've done enough. Thank you. Please save her okay?"

"Of course."

He hesistanly walked backwards before sprinting. It was after a few minutes after when she realized that she hadn't asked his name.

"That was so rude Dorothy. You didn't bother knowing your savior's name."