13. His lighter side. pt. 2 (Zanvis)

Start from the beginning

Dante glanced towards Travis, who shrugged, then they both looked at Laurence who also shrugged. A light shade of pink had been released onto his face from Garroth's contact.

Garroth had finally calmed down. "Sorry it's just.. where did that come from all of a sudden?"

"Well yesterday, Vylad got bitten by your dog and Zane took care of it. Even let Vylad hug him." It was a little strange for him.

"Oh, is that what this is all about?" Garroth straightened himself up, taking his hand off Laurence's shoulder. Laurence breathed out a silent breath.

Travis nodded as they continued walking. Laurence had loosened the blush from his face, Dante being all ears.

"Zane does have a... nicer side, yes," Garroth replied. "He just doesn't like showing it too much, even around his own family. But he does have his moments so we know he loves us."

"Yeah but that's you, and your family, including your mom, dad, and Vylad." Dante seemed to question something without the needed words. Garroth understood completely.

"I honestly don't know if he'd care for any one else besides us. I haven't really thought about it." Garroth confessed, holding the back fence gate open for the others.

A warm feeling entered Travis as he passed Garroth. Zane had smiled towards him that night and not forced either. He must've trusted him with it.

"Hey, Vylad." Garroth called out, walking into the backyard after closing the gate.

"Hey, Garroth." The young boy was kicking a soccer ball against the side of the house.

Garroth huffed a chuckled. He turned towards Travis, holding his hand out. Travis tilted his head in confusion.

"Hand me your bag. I'll put it inside." That made more sense.

Dante handed his to Laurence, who was helping Garroth, before joining Vylad. Laurence thanked Garroth as he held the back door open for him.

Travis looked around the backyard. It had a lot of space, a few trees on either side of the fence here or there. A rope swing hung from a big tree not far. It was big enough for them to climb on and chill if they really wanted to. His emerald eyes stopped, spotting a black haired boy sitting under it, reading.

Zane sat there without his mask, covered by the branches from the sun. A book opened in his lap. Travis glanced back at the house, seeing Garroth and Laurence returning.

"Hey, Travis."

Travis faced Vylad, the Ro'meave smiling.

"Wanna play some soccer with us?" He asked.

"Nah," He saw Garroth and Laurence joining him and Dante. "Have fun though."

The white haired boy made his way over to the tree, his eyes watching Zane the whole time. He rested a hand on the tree, seeing some sunlight get through the leaves.

"Um hi Zane." He didn't get an response from him. That's when Travis realized Zane was reading a Demon's Sorcery book. From the looks and words of it, it was the Demon's Dialogue book 3 of the series.

"Woah you read the Demon's Sorcery series, Zane?" Travis was surprised. "I thought I was the only one."

Zane sighed after hearing Travis. "Yes well... it's a good series.."

Travis smiled then stared up at the tree.

"Anyways what are you doing here?" Zane turned the page.

"Oh," Travis pulled himself up the start of the tree. "Garroth and Vylad invited me to come."

"Of course they did." Zane mumbled under his breath. He looked up noticing Travis in the tree. "Travis, what are you doing?"

"What does it look like," He looked at Zane. "I'm climbing the tree."

Zane shook his head, closing his book. Getting to his feet, he walked back inside to put his book away.

When he returned outside, Vylad saw him, helping to prevent the soccer ball hitting his brother. Zane made his way back to the tree. What he saw there was different then when he left.

Travis sat below the tree, looking down at his leg. His uniform pants were ripped on one leg. (Btw they both barefoot. Trav took shoes & socks off by gate)

Becoming a little concerned, Zane kneeled down next to Travis watching him wince. "Travis, what happened?"

Travis's startled eyes were dazing into his knee. Zane followed, seeing blood on it.

"Travis," Zane pulled Travis's face towards his. "What happened?"

"Zane...." Travis's voice sounded a light weak almost pained. "Its nothing. I just scraped it on my way down the tree..."

"You sure?" Zane was secretly slightly worried. Travis smiled gently.

"Yeah I should be." Travis slowly got to his feet. Then he winced, lifting his foot from the ground.

"See, you're not ok." Zane carefully sat him back down. "Hang on. I'll be right back."

Travis's eyes watched as Zane went back to the house. Although he was in pain, it felt faded knowing someone would actually care about him. Plus knowing Zane cared about him.

Travis's gaze traveled over to where the others were. He didn't notice Zane come back until the Ro'meave tapped his shoulder.

Zane sat on his knees beside him. Travis watched him as Zane cleaned his knee before before bandaging it. The raven leaned against the tree, sighing lightly.

"Thanks Zane." Travis smiled towards him.

Zane's freckled cheeks also now covered in a blush. "No problem.."

"Its nice to see you care." Travis glanced at the others for a brief second.

Zane nodded. "I.. I don't do it to just anyone..."

"Huh?" Travis was pulled away from his focus. "What do you mean?"

"I mean I did it because I care about you.." Zane said more quietly.

"Heh, thanks Zane." Travis placed his arm around Zane as he let the Ro'meave lean his head against his shoulder. Zane sighed softly, closing his eyes.

Dante smiled, witnessing what just happened. Then it disappeared as a dark red filled his face. He knew what this meant.

"Dante?" Vylad snapped his fingers in the blunette's face. "Dante?"

Dante shook his head. He looked down at him, blue eyes met green. Dante hesitated before placing his hands on Vylad's cheeks.

"D-Dante?" Vylad's face turned dark pink, slightly red.

Dante leaned down, placing his lips on Vylad's. Vylad gasped from shock then started to kiss back. Sparks seeming to exist between the two.

The two pulled away. Vylad smiled with a giggle, making Dante smile.

"Vylad, I love you." Dante confessed, causing Vylad's face to darken.

"I love you too, Dante."