31 of 31

HOUR 1 OF 13...

Nick paced the living room floor,  weapon in his hand and his thumbnail pressed against his lips

Nick paced the living room floor,  weapon in his hand and his thumbnail pressed against his lips. It was eerily quiet on the outside, he trained his ears to listen to all outside noises while Zion hooked up a laptop to the television so they could watch Netflix. Nick told Zion to crack the lens with a hammer as they all had to play tonight smart if they wanted to live. Or maybe that was his paranoia...?

Make your own judgements.

He didn't think watching something on Netflix would make this night pass any quicker as he knew the damage that was heading their way. Edwin was in the kitchen trying to make food but he wasn't a better cook than Nick was and that was just the truth. Everything that these two were trying to do to make this evening seem normal was interesting to see but Nick couldn't blame them. They've never been in this position before, only him and Eulalia.

As for Austin and Brandon they remained downstairs in the basement where all the technical equipment was set up. Taj made it his personal job to teach them everything, although Brandon and Edwin were the main ones who actually paid attention. Austin tossed in, "I'll just wing it when the time comes." Which wasn't a good idea but Nick wasn't surprised with the guy. As long as someone knew how to keep things operated then that was better than nothing. Brandon seemed to dedicate his time to watching the surveillance cameras that were set around the perimeter of the cave-like home. He knew where all the weapons were stashed and how to access them. Nick knew that Brandon wanted Rocco dead, as he was not the only one.

"Chill out, Mara. Pop a squat like you always do for IG pics and we'll watch something entertaining. Like Insecure, Black Lightning, oh no wait! The Town might be more of your lane right now." Zion rubbed at his chin in thought while Nick contemplated of Pistol whipping Zion on the back of his spinal cord.

Nick clenched his jaw as he looked over at Zion who stretched out his long legs, "How can you possibly think about watching tv when things are about to get violent?"

"Oh-kay." Zion whistled as he moved the wireless mouse against his thigh, "I never said I wanted to get violent. I'm just here so I don't die."

Nick rolled his eyes, "...and what happens if the rotten rat and his gang come up in here? What are you gonna do, hit them with that laptop? Do you even feel ready?"

"Hey, I'm sure that shit can do some damage. And I worked out, i got hands and when I'm under serious pressure I can use them to defend myself. See, got myself some brass knuckles and every-ting. It won't come to that though, I'm sure baby oil and Hercules will save the day and we live for another!" Zion wiggled the object up in the air for Nick to see.