30 of 31

she stood amongst the other civilians in Wrightwood, California on the pumpkin patch

she stood amongst the other civilians in Wrightwood, California on the pumpkin patch. Eulalia made sure she created some distance between those that searched for the perfect pumpkin to take home. Majority of the families were filled with joy as they allowed their toddlers to pick out a pumpkin to couples arguing over which pumpkin was the best.

Once upon a time Eulalia had the chance to live that normalcy and hoped after tonight she could return to that. After Rocco was out of the picture for good this time, Eulalia was going to leave. Her time in California was done, been finished for awhile now, and she could see herself going anywhere but here. Eulalia yearned for something new and fresh, she deserved it. This place had grown tired and going back to the east coast was definitely not in Eulalia's plan. She wanted to go to a place where no one knew her name or her story. And she was going to do whatever in her power to have that.

Her green eyes scanned that area around her, the scenery was in shades of orange, green, and evening. It was after six, six-forty five to be exact and Eulalia was on time. As for Rocco Lofranco? He was nowhere to be found. Eulalia tried to keep her cool but made herself aware of the area around her. He was late, which didn't make this situation any easier. Eulalia's attempt was to make this whole thing go over smooth...if she could.

However a whole forty-five minutes was not in any way okay. A loud scream caused Eulalia to look to her left towards the pumpkin patch, to see a father consoling his screaming toddler in its stroller while the mother picked up the smashed pumpkin. Softly exhaling through her nostrils she let her eyes follow the patch to see a familiar face picking up a pumpkin of his own.

in an instant Eulalia was making her way over to the man, excusing herself through the sea of people as she approached the bearded man who held a long pumpkin up in the air with a grin

"This looks like a damn squash. Typical bullshit advertising."

Eulalia stood beside him noticing that he didn't flinch, "Where's Rocco?"

"Oh hey, tinie." The light man looked over at the girl who burned her stare into his frame, "you're looking good. Worried...but good."