8 of 31

it was 64 degrees when Eulalia pulled up to lotus gas station

it was 64 degrees when Eulalia pulled up to lotus gas station. It was 1:03 am when she shut off the engine, the studio where Eulalia put her voice to work belting out lyrics to heal her wounds was in the outskirts of California. The studio sat up in the mountains, driving around those curves could easily make a driver feel like they were on a merry go round but Eulalia loved the thrill of riding those swerves. She was ten minutes away from the studio, and it would take an additional thirty minutes to get back to her residence in Ojai. Eulalia never minded the distance, she loved the drive being able to see the mountains and be with nature and shit. It gave Eulalia a piece of her mind back.

Eulalia used to attend the studio back in LA but lately she wasn't feeling the people there. The fakeness with people she had to do business with and LA just wasn't where she wanted to be in anymore. That's what Eulalia was working hard to get out, which some might thank she was crazy for trying to leave the state but Eulalia was tired. There were too many bad memories more than good in her twenty years of living and if she opened herself up more, like her old therapist encouraged her to do, others would understand that. However Eulalia didn't have that many people in her circle, just the people she worked with to take her career to the next level. She had a great amount of followers and fans due to her dropping a few singles, mostly covers, and taking on a few acting jobs but Eulalia never let that get to her head. She was still as low key as ever even with the amount of feedback she received. She was still regular.

Eulalia hopped out of her 1970 Pontiac GTO JUDGE ORBIT ORANGE 4 SPEED, the faux fur to her multi colored jacket swayed as the breeze washed over her 5'4 frame. Eulalia tightened the cropped jacket to her frame as she made her way across the dusty gravel, her clogs stomping along the rocks as she made her way inside of lotus gas station. The lights were bright against her low lidded and red brimmed eyes, her head slowly moving focusing in on the man behind the counter.

"Jerry." Eulalia greeted, a loopy grin forming on her glossed lips.

the man lifted his head, one hand holding a fork and the other playing gameboy. He immediately smiled back at the young woman, his eyes squishing back as his cheeks pushed upwards. "Dude! How're ya?"

Eulalia strolled over to the man, her hands shoved into her pockets as she went over to the counter. "I'm just fine. Whatcha eating?"

"My famous cobbler." Jerry mumbled as some of it fell into his thick black beard, he wiped at his mouth, "I've got a whole pan in the back. It's been quiet here, lonely even. None of the customers want to try it, it's disappointing really."

Eulalia shook her head, "That's terrible. I'm sorry, Jerry."

"It's cool." He shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly looking down at his paused game.

"I'll take a slice or the whole pan actually." Eulalia grinned, as her stomach growled.

Jerry perked up at that, "You will?"