23 of 31

Eulalia lay in bed, joint resting between her lips as she stared up at the ceiling letting the static from the record player play from the corner of the room

Eulalia lay in bed, joint resting between her lips as she stared up at the ceiling letting the static from the record player play from the corner of the room. She hummed along to the lyrics of Angie Stone in all her sorrow.

I can't eat, I can't sleep anymore
Waiting for love to walk through the door
I wish I didn't miss you anymore...

A knock at the door didn't make her turn her head to the sound as she knew it was just Jerry, who had been trying to get her to leave her room for awhile now. Eulalia had to take this in. People were getting hurt because of the trouble that came back from her past. How was she supposed to live with that?

A dark cloud had formed over her head while she remained numb, blocking the evident pain that made room for itself in the center of her chest. No amount of cannabis and no matter how many breathing exercises she did would fix this. She knew that. Eulalia just had to take the time to get her shit together, like she always did before she striked back.

A number of things could happen from this point on. Rocco made a threat to a good amount of people that were connected to Eulalia. Eulalia knew that that didn't exactly have to mean someone she was cool with. Eulalia wasn't cool with many people so eleven was a big number and she couldn't dwell on figuring out who. She just knew that this needed to end before things got more out of control. And knowing Rocco, it would.

"Hey, Eulalia." Jerry spoke gently to the girl who removed the joint from her lips but kept her eyes on the ceiling that needed a new coat of paint.

When Jerry didn't receive a response, he made his way into her room closing the door quickly behind her but made no room to walk further into the room. The man stared at Eulalia in silence for a little bit before he decided to get on with it.

"Someone's here."

That got the young woman's attention as she shifted her gaze to Jerry taking in his appearance. He looked unsure of something as Eulalia pushed herself up into a sitting position, feeling the weight of the heaviness in full now. Eulalia took her time climbing out of the bed, her bare feet brushing against the shaggy rug. Carefully she jammed the rest of the joint into the cactus ashtray Hayley bought for her at some thrift shop in Vegas before reaching for something underneath her mattress.

"Oh no no it's not—no one's breaking in." Jerry rushed out with his hands raised out as his eyes got wide at the gun that rested in her hands.

Eulalia flicked her eyes upwards, "I'm not in the mood for any company."

"I don't feel right kicking anybody out." Jerry answered slowly, not knowing how Eulalia would take that message.