Final Duel

Your POV:

When I arrive on the scene, I find myself sitting on a large, green crystal.

"I see you've joined us." Sebastian gives me a slightly apologetic look. I wave him off and look down at Ciel's unconscious body. Their duel begins, and both Claude and Sebastian race to grab the demon sword that was embedded into the roof of this cave.

"When this is done, I shall sink my teeth into the young master's soul," Claude states confidently as he shoots a spiderweb-like, wire thread to pull down the sword.

'He really is Spiderman.'

"Don't bet on it," I mutter under my breath. Hanna stands beside me, but I pay her no mind. I get comfortable on the smooth crystal, folding my legs and resting my head in the palm of my hand as my elbow leans against my knee.

"I'll bite hard, deep and cruel!" Claude charges at Sebastian, who smoothly dodges the sword before kicking it out of Claude's gloved hands.

"A small space, like this, hinders my ability to move freely," Sebastian jumps up and grabs the sword. Claude grits his teeth angrily. "But I can take care of that." He drives the sword into the ground.

"Lets widen this space up a touch." The rock beneath them cracks and splits apart. I had to keep my balance as the ground rumbles.

"Come, master." Hanna picks up Ciel's figure before hightailing it out of there.

"B****, don't just leave me!" I follow her as fast as I could. It sucks still having human speed, but at least I can jump high now. We escape through the top of the cavern, leaving Sebastian and Claude behind. From were I safely land, I can see Sebastian and Claude had made it out alright. The sword, however, plummets into a deep trench in the island's ground.

"The demon sword!"

"Phantomhive's soul!" Both demons dive after the sword, hoping to grab it before the other could.

"I will have them both!"

I tense when something wet lands on my nose. I look up and find rain dripping down from the grey clouds. The steady rhythm of droplets increase as the storms pours down more and more water.

"It's raining. My, my," Hanna says. I sigh as I go to sit on the stone bench, where Hanna sat with Ciel's body. Ciel is resting between us. I set up another screen, so we could get a better look at the battle.

'I'm gonna end up sick like this.' With a sigh, I take off Ash's wings from around my neck. I turn the necklace into an white umbrella that was big enough to shield all three of us. Hanna glances at me as my eyes continue to stare forward at the duel.

"Thank you."

I turn my head away from the screen and raise an eyebrow at her.

"I expected you to only cover yourself," she explains her appreciation.

"Well, I don't want Ciel feeling sick either."

"Is he the reason you're here, or is it Sebastian?"

"What do you mean by that?" Once again, I raise a brow at her question.

"You are a divine being. There is surely other things that can better occupy your time rather than witnessing a brutal battle."

I scoff as a smirk stretches my lips.

"To be honest with you, I really don't. Those two are like family to me. It would be inconsiderate of me to not help them out when they need it. To answer your question, however, I'm here for neither." I chuckle. "I'm just here to watch Claude get his ass handed to him."

"You have quite a bit of confidence in Sebastian."

"I know the future here, you know? I know exactly who's going to die and when. Claude's time is up, and good riddance to that. He's such a self-centered ass."

"You say ass a lot," she notes. I can't help but laugh. I've never heard her say 'ass' before, so I found it sort of amusing. We watch as Sebastian plunges the sword through Claude's chest without mercy on screen. In the corner of my eye I can see Hanna crying.

"It's over. Your dreams of tearing the young master apart are finished."

"Your master...has such...a sweet...soul."

Sebastian's eyes narrow at his dying comment.

"The fight is over. The battle for his worthy soul has finally reached its conclusion. Even as I wither away, I can smell his rich, untainted fragrance."

"It's the young master's soul? You've got it wrong. It's Alois Trancy's soul that trifles with you, and you'll die as he intended. Don't you see? You've been under his control this entire time."

"Alois Trancy. It was he?" Claude's eyes widen as he coughs up the blood that had crawled its way up his throat. "My spectacles..."

"What?" Sebastian raises his eyebrow in confusion.

"I...have a spare. In my breast pocket."

Sebastian curiously takes them out of the spider demon's pocket before placing them onto Claude's blood-soaked face.

"You understand. I've had a very long, idle life as a demon. If Alois Trancy has managed to spice it up a bit, then perhaps I have underestimated his soul." His voice had become a coarse whisper as his life source drained from his body. "I might have taken great pleasure in tearing it apart piece by piece as well, but now it's over. Done."

Sebastian smirks down at him.

"You are rather talkative, considering the severity of your injury."

"Yes, but not for long, I fear. My end is indeed at hand."

"Well, do you have any last words to speak?"

"Yes. Passion into insincerity, utter lies into truth, a stray dog of a boy into an earl. That's what makes...makes a butler," he says with his last breath as his eyelids shut for good. Sebastian stands up.

"A butler indeed, but who's butler did you die as, Claude?"

I follow Hanna to a cliff once the battle officially ends, being sure to destroy the screen. Sebastian catches up with us quickly. The rain clouds pass us by as wind blows through our hair. I shove my hands into the pockets of the black hoodie, which I currently wore. I keep my gaze off of Sebastian because I'm still mad at him; instead I bring my attention to Hanna as she speaks.

"At last, we can know happiness. Oh, dear master, Claude finally acknowledged you."

"Hanna," Sebastian says her name with a hint of impatience.

"The terms of the contract tying me with my master have been suitably met. All you have to do now is kill me, and then your young master will have his body back. However, even with his body returned, you'll find that Ciel Phantomhive is as good as a dead person to you."

Sebastian's eyes widen as he let's out a shocked gasp.

"My master and I have succeeded. We are nearly done. As for Ciel Phantomhive, well..." her body leans over the cliff's edge and falls. Sebastian desperately tries to grab her, or rather Ciel, before she was out of grasp. He was too late, however. Her body makes a big splash as it collides with the water. Sebastian wastes no time in jumping in. I let out a sigh as I sit on the edge of the cliff. I wait for Sebastian to resurface with Ciel's body. The island rumbles, sending rocks to cover the trench, where Hanna went to die. I watch the waves crash against the island rocks. Red mixes in with a bit of the water. I knew exactly what it was. It was Ciel's blood. I sigh again as my body feels weak and tired. I needed to rest.

'I did want to say hi to Ciel again, but I guess there's always next time.' Without another thought, I return to my manor to sleep.