Bitten

Chapter 11

6 years ago...

As I entered the bar with Claire, I felt my heart begin to race with excitement. I was so excited to start celebrating Claire's victory in her new job with the boys that I could barely contain myself. Once we finally spotted the boys, Claire and I immediately walked over to them before I said...

"Hey guys," I said to them.

"Oh look what the Kat brought in," Josh joked.

"Haha, very funny," I said to him.

"Only joking babe. Come here a second," Josh said.

I then walked over to Josh before we kissed and he began to hold me in his arms.

"Alright, alright. We didn't come here to see you two make out the whole time," Ben said.

"You're right Ben," I said as I pulled away from Josh.

I then grabbed a glass of champagne from the bar before saying...

"We came here to congratulate our amazing, hard-working, best friend, Claire on her brand new job. To Claire," I said, raising my glass.

"To Claire," Ben and Josh both said as we all made our glasses clink with Claire's.

We then took a sip of champagne before Claire said...

"Thank you guys, but can I say I couldn't have done it without any of you guys, especially you Kat. You gave me all the confidence in the world, you always believed in me and that is why I'm so glad you are my best friend. So I would like to toast to you, Kat. To Kat," Claire said, raising her glass.

"To Kat," Ben and Josh both said as they all made their glasses clink with mine.

We then took another sip of champagne before I said...

"It was all you Claire," I said.

"No really, I couldn't have done it without you," Claire said.

"Is this the part where you both kiss?" Ben asked.

Claire and I both turned and looked at Ben before laughing. We then began to drink so more before going onto the dancefloor and partying. We began to dance while giving each other shots. We then began to spray champagne on one another before Josh and I began to make out. We did this while Claire and Ben continued to dance and do shots before they finally came up behind us and began to spray champagne in our faces. We instantly stopped kissing and began to have a war of spraying champagne at one another. This lasted for a while before we all burst out laughing and headed over to a booth where we sat there, enjoying the rest of the night there as a bunch of best friends.

Hours after the bar closed, Ben and Claire took a cab home together due to the fact that they were so drunk that they were practically seeing fairies. Meanwhile, Josh and I walked home together. Though we were both drunk, we could both still use our legs to walk. Heading down the street with Josh, I immediately could tell that I had more practice at being drunk than him as after a few moments of walking, Josh fell to the ground. I then crouched down beside him unsteadily before I said...

"Josh. Josh, you asleep?" I whispered in a childish laughter.

He was passed out. I then began to laugh at little before all of a sudden, I heard a noise down the alleyway. At first I thought it was nothing and continued to laugh due to the alcohol in my system but then, the noise became louder and before I knew it, there was a man running straight towards me. As fear began to flood through me, I immediately began to sober up before stumbling to my feet and beginning to run in the other direction and down the alleyway. I did this for a while, remembering to watch where I was going in case I broke a heel before all of a sudden, I felt someone shove me to the wall.

As I crashed into the wall, my body fell down and my hand landed in some glass, slicing my hand as it did so. I then began to feel some pain in my hand before I took the glass out and attempted to stand before the person shoved me against the wall. I then began to fall back down to the floor before the person lifted me up and held me up against the wall. As I looked the person in the eyes, I say that it was a man. The same man that I saw following me a couple of nights before when I was walking home. I felt a shiver going down my spine before he said...

"Well, well. Katherine, how lovely it is to see you again," the man said.

"I don't-I don't know who you are. Please, if you want money, take my purse," I pleaded.

"No, I don't want money. I just want you," he said as he began to smell my scent.

I began to look around me, trying to find a way to get away before realizing every man's weakness. I then kicked him where it hurt before attempting to run away but as I tried, he then grabbed me again before saying...

"You shouldn't have done that," he said.

"Please. Please don't kill me," I pleaded.

"Oh I won't kill you, I'll do much worse," he said.

Suddenly, he grabbed me and then pushed me to the floor before getting on top of me and beginning to kiss me. As he did this, I tried my best to get away from him before he then made me freeze. I didn't move a muscle. I just stayed there, staring off into space.

Once it was over, he then got up and turned me over to face him. A smug grin appeared on his face as he put his belt on before he then said...

"And so you don't go and call the police, I'm going to need to get rid of you," he said.

Just then, the man began to crouch down, making me wonder what the hell he was doing before, all of a sudden, his skin turned to fur, his nails turned to claws and his body changed shape into a very large dog. Seeing this, I then got up and began to run. I continued to run for a while until, just then, he knocked me aside and I felt his teeth bite me arm that the teeth tore through, making a very deep wound. As he looked like he was going to bite me again, another very large dog knocked him aside and began to fight him. This continued for a while before I began to feel pain in my arm and saw that I needed to go to the hospital.

As I attempted to stand, I felt my legs give in and I fell to the ground. My vision began to blur but I managed to see enough to know that the wolf who came to save me scared off the other before he came over to me and then blank...

After awaking, I found myself in a cage, down in what appeared to be an abandoned building. I felt my body aching all over before I spotted a man walking over to me and saying...

"Katherine. You're going to be okay," he said.

"Who are you?, what are you?" I asked.

"I'm going to help you with what you're becoming," he answered.

"What am I becoming?" I asked.

"A werewolf just like the one who attacked you," he said.

"Who was he?" I asked.

"Eduardo Escobado. He want meant to do right by all humans, I guess this was just a slip up for him," he said.

"A slip up?, he bit me," I said.

"Yes and he'll get what's coming to him. I promise you that," he said.

For the next few days, the man, who saved me and never told me his name, began to teach me how to control my werewolf side. I began to trust him over time as I realized that he was the man who gave me a second chance, he was the one who gave me everything something that I always needed; hope. However, after a while of gaining control, I wanted my life back and left him. I immediately headed back to my apartment, where I knew Josh was waiting for me but once I got there, I began to feel the hunger stronger than before. I couldn't control it and before I knew it, I had killed Josh. I felt sadness flood through me and suddenly realized that I couldn't live there anymore and so I left. I buried Josh's body and left. I couldn't stay there anymore and I was determined to prove that I could live someone and have a home and so I spent the next few years learning how to control the animal inside me. Remembering everyday that I was stronger than the animal and to this day, I still do...