Chapter 12: Adventures in Burgess

You screamed so loud, making Jack cringe a little. Your grip around his neck tightened a little bit. You ordered Nerwin to go back to the workshop to deliver a message to North and the others, just to give them a heads up to where you are. 

"Could you stop screaming for every move I make?!" A frustrated voice asked. 

"By the time we reach Jamie, it's probably past midnight already. And I thought you said, you're not afraid of heights?" Jack said as he flew through the refreshing cold wind against his ice cold skin.

You and Jack (or rather Jack with you in his arms) were flying through the sky. He was holding his staff by the hand that was on your waist. 

"I'm not. It's just something happened..." You said, gripping tightly.

It was true. You weren't afraid of heights. It's just that North did something very terrible that made you temporarily afraid. 

It was a few days back when Jack was still missing. You were moping in your room for almost a week now. North persuaded (or rather blackmailed) you to have a ride on the sled. It was comforting but North did some unexpected loops and lots of twists and turns that you sometimes fell off the sky and after a minute or two of falling, North would catch you with the sled. By the time you got off the annoying thing, you vomited food you ate earlier. Your mind could still remember the disgusting vomited food. 

"What is it?" Jack asked. 

"You wouldn't even want to know." 

"Try me." Jack dared you. 

You sighed.

You started your story. By the end of it, Jack was laughing his head off and probably would die out of happiness. 

"I would have wanted to see that..." Jack said, continuing laughing.

"Shut up, Frost. It's y--" You were cut short when Jack made a surprising turn. 

You yelped. 

Your grip tightened on his neck. You buried your face against his neck, too scared to even look. 

"Do you trust me?" Jack asked suddenly.

"What?" You asked confused.

"Do you trust me?" Jack repeated.

"Jack, I--" You were cut short by Jack.

"Just answer the question, Y/N." 

You stayed silent before nodding.

Jack stopped flying, just floating around the sky. He stood up straight in the sky and let you step on his bare feet. He tightly placed his hands on your waist. You opened your eyes a bit but shut them down again at the more scarier scene. 

"I won't let you fall, Y/N... I promise." Jack whispered to your ear.

You turned to him and saw pure sincereness in his deep blue eyes. You nodded. You raised your arms to your sides and felt the cold breeze hit your skin. 

A smile tugged at your lips. You closed your eyes to feel the cold wind collide with your pale skin. Your muscles relaxed. Your breathing was relaxed. Everything that was very intense a while ago, was very relaxed. 

After a few minutes of soaring through the sky, you and Jack landed on cold snowy ground. You got off of Jack's feet and turned to him. 

"That...wasn't as bad as I thought it would be." You said softly to him. 

"So is your fear of flying gone? Or are you still scared, little light?" Jack teased.

"Aren't we supposed to visit Jamie? Not wasting precious time on teasing me?" You asked sternly.