Chapter 5: A New Friend

You were walking down the streets of Cupid Love Street in Paris. It was called this because people usually kiss in this street, they say that if you do kiss here, you and your partner will stay in love forever until you die. You of course didn't believe that. You rarely walk around streets and walk more in forests. 

Snowflakes was falling in the sky. It was a beautiful sight and a bit chilly. You were used to the coldness since you practically lived in the North Pole for 2 months. Your hood was on your head. A leg bag was tied around your left thigh and inside were your arrows, and you held your bow tightly in your hand.

You hummed a song that got stuck on your mind quite sometime. Then you hear a noise from a nearby dark halkway. You quickly peak at the sight and see a group of kids kicking at a snow white owl. The owl had a broken wing while the group was letting it back away to a corner. You let down your hood and stepped into the scene. 

"Hey! Stop it!" You said angrily as you walk towards the group. The group turns to you confused. A boy turns around and sees you. He scoffs.

"And what you gonna do about it? Report me to the police?" The boy teased as the group bursts into laughter. 

"Probably the leader..." 

"Mind your business ugly... Just be a good girl and go home." A girl from the group said harshly and continued hurting the poor creature.

You were angry. You were angry not because they called you ugly or to go home but because they were hurting an innocent creature that didn't even hurt or did anything to them. The memory of when you were brought back to life flashed through your mind. You gritted your teeth and clenched your fists. 

Your hair got loose in your ponytail and started to raise above your head and flowed to different directions, your eyes started to glow black and you started to rise from the ground slowly. 

You floated towards them. The boy with his group fell to the ground, terrified. They were shivering amd couldn't speak. A boy threw a large piece of rock at you but you quickly turned your bow into a metal staff and struck the piece of rock towards them. The group started to back away in fear. Then you pointed your staff to them. You were going to strike or attack them but you stopped yourself and flew down to the ground. 

"Get out..." You said sternly as you gave them a hard cold glare that could kill them if looks could.

"Freak!" 

"Monster!" 

"Witch!" 

They shouted as they pointed their fingers at you and ran away, terrified. 

You closed your eyes and took a deep breath to calm yourself down. This always happens when you were angry about something, this is just one of the reasons why you hate walking around the streets, you get angry and turn into a monster and do stuff that you don't wanna do. 

Your eyes turn back to their normal e/c eyes and your hair falls to your back. You pick up the ponytail amd tie your hair again (you hair was grown a little longer in the years). Then you slowly approach the scared white owl.  

"Hey, its okay. I won't hurt you." You say gently.

You held out your hand to show it that you mean no harm and just wanna help it. The owl slowly approaches you and climbs on your arm, saying it trusts you. Then you notice that the owls wing is broken. You reach out to the pocket of your coat and takes out a moonstone. You gently place it on its wound. 

The moonstone starts to glow and when you remove it, the wound was gone, the owl is alright. It flies around you happily. You giggle a little, let it land on your shoulder and smiled a little at it. 

"I like you too..." You cooed to the owl.

Then you pull your hood to your head and stood up. The owl stays at your shoulder, saying that it wants to come with you. You look at it and you just couldn't say no. 

"Oh alright. But stay close, alright?" You said. You held out your arm and it landed on top of it. You scratched its neck. 

"I should you a name. Hm... Whats a good name?... What about Nerwin?" You asked. 

It flew off your arm and flew around you happily. You giggle a little. Then it lands on your shoulder again. You smile. You hold tightly your metal staff. You start walking back to the forest with Nerwin. 

A/N: Hey Guys! I'm so sorry for not updating in a while. I've gone back to school a few days ago and my teachers started piling us with homeworks snd tests. Its quite frustrating and annoying. But I hope this chappie is fine. I'll try to update ASAP. Forgive me if my grammer or spelling is wrong. Tell what you think about the chappie. See ya soon...