Chapter 7: Being a Guardian

Darkness... Shadows of people... They had angry looks. They were pointing at you.

"You are nothing!"

"You don't matter!" 

"You're ugly!"

"You're pathetic!"

"You don't belong anywhere!"

"No one loves you!"

"No one cares!"

"Monster!"

"Witch!"

"Freak!"

They shouted hurtful words. Tears started streaming down your face. You backed away at a corner and pulled your knees to your face. You covered your face between them and cried. They're words continued then it stopped. You slowly looked up, tears still streaming down your face. The mean looking people were gone and was replaced by a boy. You couldn't see his face. He just held out his hand for you. You hesitantly took it and then light engulfed you both. 

You awoke with a start. Light blinded you. Then you heard voices. They were....arguing? You slowly open your eyes to be met by the blinding light. You try to sit up but pain shot through your back and your head started spinning. You groaned and held your head with your hand. You felt something land on your shoulder. You looked at it and saw Nerwin. You smile at her as you scratched her neck. 

You looked around you, you were lying on a red couch. The Guardianswere there; Sandy was sleeping (as usual), Bunny and North were fighting (nothing new), Tooth was talking to her fairies about tooth deliveries, and Jack floating above them all, looking at them boredly. Then he sees you, a huge grin appeared on his face.

"Y/N's awake!" Jack shouted excitedly. He quickly flys down to your side. You could see sadness and worry was filled in his eyes. But he blinked them away and was replaced by joy and relief. 

You saw the other Guardians walk to you. You could see the same thing on their eyes, but it was flashed away. 

"Y/N, good to see you okay... Are you feeling okay?" North asked. You stood up and looked at the workshop in wonder. Toys flew above you. You could hear the contraptions downstairs being made into toys. You then turn to them.

"Why did you bring me here?" You asked, specifically to Jack.

"Well, you were hurt and I brought you here since I didn't know any person that could fix you up." Jack said, scratching his neck. You frowned and groaned.

"What do you want from me?" You asked as you glared at them annoyed.

"What?" Sandy signed.

"You brought me here for a reason. What is it?" You said, crossing your arms.

"You....are GUARDIAN!" North said as banners of the Guardian symbol appeared. Trumpets were heard. Colorful decorations appeared. Elves and Yetis started appearing. You looked around as your face paled. 

Everyone was happy except Bunny (again). North was holding the large brown Guardian Book. He cleared his throat.

"Do you, Y/N L/N, promise to protect the children with all the days of your life?" North asked smoothly.

"Yes..." You said.

Elves and Yetis stopped smiling. Trumpets stopped playing. They were all shocked. The Guardians were wide eyed. 

"...Or that's what you all thought I'd say." The Guardians groaned but Jack who chuckled at your little joke.

You smirked at them devilishly. Bunny clenches his fists and stomps at you angrily.

"Look here Ms. Know-it-all, if you think this is funny, it isn't." Bunny said angrily.

"What you gonna do? Kill me? Tell me Kangaroo...." You said smugly. Bunny clenched his fists, his face grew red in anger, it was like steam was gonna go out of his ears at how angry he was.

"Why you little--" Bunny said but he was cut off by Tooth.

"Bunny! Y/N, stop it! You fully know of his anger issues! What is happening to you?!" Tooth said sternly.

"Being a Guardian sucks! It hurts others! It makes you miserable! Being a Guardian can hurt you!" You angrily shouted.

"Stop it! You know nothing of being a guardian! You never even became a guardian! I don't want to hear from the person who doesn't and has never been a guardian!" Jack said angrily as he frosts the ground. 

There was silence. He glared at you. Your face softens as you see tears build in his eyes. You look away from him. You could feel the others staring at you both, but you didn't care. You heard a foot step forward.

"Y/N, come with me..." North said behind you in a low voice.

He took you downstairs. You see numerous yetis making toys, elves playing. North tried to talk to you along the way but you made sure that your answers were short. Then you arrive at North's office.

"Chocolate Chip Cookies?" North offered to you.

"Thanks..." You said softly. You took a few and dipped it at the near by glass of milk.

"We need to talk." North said in a stern voice. 

"I know..."

"Wanna take a seat?" You shook your head. You knew very well what he was gonna say, persuade you to be a guardian.

"Y/N, you've been chosen to become a guardian. You need to be. Manny let you go the last time but he can't this time. Pitch has come back and has a new companion with him." North said sternly.

"You and the others defeated him last time perfectly. You can do the same again." You said. 

"No, we can't! He's stronger as ever. Did you see what he did to you? He almost killed you! You could've died if it weren't for Jack... Whether you like it or not, you have to become a Guardian!" 

"Whatever North, I'm not gonna change my mind. I'm not going to be a Guardian. End of Discussion." You said sternly.

"Knew you would say that..." Then North grabbed you hand and palced a silver band on your wrist. It had mystical letters on it. Your eyes widened as you realized what he'd done. It happened so fast.

"North! This is--"

"Yes, Pandora's Lock. This way you can't run." North said, crossing his arms, smriking.

"What?! Y-You can't do this!" You said in disbelief.

"Actually I can. Manny says I can." He continued smirking. You turned to the window to see the Moon shining bright.

"Manny!" You angrily shouted. But as usual Manny said nothing. 

You opened to say something but you closed you mouth and just groaned. You closed your eyes, gave a deep breath and glared at North. 

"What next?" You said with no emtion.

"Follow me to your room...." North said.

A/N: *Maleficent in Disney's Descendants* I'M BACK!! So sorry it took long, but exams finished. Please don't kill me yet. I'll try to update again after I finish some stuff.