Hating Intimacy- Chapter 4

HATING INTIMACY
CHAPTER FOUR

"You don't know the pain of having to watch you hug her, kiss her, love her."

Deborah's P.O.V

Dustin's been acting weird all day.

I've been my normal self, but what I didn't expect was him being very tense with me. He would steal small glances my way and would try as hard as he can to keep as far away from me as possible.

After yesterday's locker room fiasco, Amy and I haven't heard any rumors about me loving Dustin - thankfully.

Though, Amy has been very watchful over me lately.

She watches me like a hawk but keeps her distance so I wouldn't get annoyed and snap. She's treating me like a ticking bomb about to explode any second. I might confess my feelings to her but it's not helping.

Nothing can.

"Excuse me Deborah am I boring you?" My Spanish teacher asks loudly, snapping me out of my thoughts. She glared at me and I stared right back at her blankly.

She raised an eyebrows at my silence.

"When I talk to you, I expect an answer girl." She snaps, her thick Mexican accent making it harder to understand what she said. I clenched my hands to fists miffed at her attitude.

I just want her to leave me alone, can't she do that? Can't she see I'm not in the mood of her nonsense?

"Could you please leave me alone?" I ask with a shaky voice. Everyone in the class were staring at this commotion with wide eyes - even Dustin.

"Excuse me?" She asks, surprised by my words.

"I asked you if you would leave me alone. Can you do that?" I snap. The teacher crosses her hands against her chest as she stares down at me angrily.

"I don't know what's got into you Deborah, maybe detention-"

"No!" Amy suddenly interrupts from the seat next to me. "Ma'am she's just having a really bad day, that's all. I promise she's very sorry." She pleads to the teacher. I roll my eyes and sink into my seat with crossed arms.

"Fine. She better not repeat it again." The teacher warns and Amy sighs in relief. "Let's continue class."

***

The bell finally rings and Dustin sprints out of his seat. I run after him thankful for wearing my sneakers instead of wedges.

He makes it to the parking lot and rushes into his car. I bolt into the passengers seat before he could lock the doors and turn to him.

His jaw is clenched and his eyes are closed tight. It's obvious he doesn't want to talk to me but I won't leave. I deserve an explanation no matter how hard it is for me to be in this car with him.

"Do you need a ride home?" He asks, his voice strained and I nodded, not trusting my own voice. I ignore the fact that I would leave my car in school and decided to come for it tomorrow.