Chapter 19: No Other Choice

(Kariya's POV)

I walked down the dark path between the corn field. The moon had served as my light along the way. My companions had probably reached Gokuri now. And I should probably take a bath.

Damn this snake slime it stinks!

I know a very nice bathhouse in Gokuri. It may be expensive but it's gonna be worth it. Who wouldn't want to spend extra money on high-class accommodation, good quality shampoos and bath soap, not to mention the women. Ah, the women in two-piece swimwear who look like dolls, sponging your body with their delicate hands----

I stopped as my boot unintentionally made a tin can roll. I walked towards it and picked it up.

Why in the world am I picking up trash?

I was about to throw the tin can away when I noticed an object glimmering in the moonlight not far from where I picked the tin can. I walked towards it.

It looked like an arrow.

Isn't this...

Queen (Y/N)'s arrow?

I looked at the tin can on my hand and took a quick sniff at it.

"Gawg!" I almost got nauseous at the scent.

Sleeping gas?!

The arrow...

The tin can...

The company...

Could it be... They didn't make it?

I looked through the corn field for some tracks. Somewhere in between I saw a path that was made by men and it's still fresh.

I guess the bathhouse will have to wait.

(Y/N)'s POV

I sat alone in the middle of the room. It's been over an hour since I gained consciousness and I haven't figured out where I am.

I had spent the last thirty minutes searching the room for clues but to no avail. It's an ordinary room with a single bed, a single light and windows locked.

The bed was very comfy, on the contrary. I was beginning to think I've been held captive but this place seemed comfortable.

But no. No. No. No.

I suddenly thought of Tenma and the others. I must get away from here. I tried opening the door for the tenth time but it still won't budge.

I sat back on the bed and sighed. Perhaps there is nothing I can do for now but wait until Tenma or Tsurugi or my kidnapper gets here.

I laid back and stared at the ceiling then I noticed that there is a big number five etched around the light.

Number Five?

...

Fifth Sector?!

I quickly jumped up and headed for the windows. If I can't open the stupid door, then I just have to go through here!

The glass windows are also locked but nothing's stopping me. There are no chairs around so I grabbed a drawer out from the desk and used it to break the window.

Craaaassshhh!

Glass splattered out. I put back the drawer and looked out the window and the next thing I saw made me hold my breath.

I am in the kingdom of my godfather, Senguuji Daigo, there is no doubt about it. And he has put me in the highest tower.

But why am I here?