Chapter 21: Gokuri and Another Game Player

(Y/N)'s POV

"What's the magic word?"

"Its me, General Matsukaze Tenma of Hageshi. I have with me my most trusted men and Queen Gouenji (Y/N) of Hageshi."

"..."

"We have been ordered by King Gouenji Shuuya to take his daughter here. Will you let us in?"

"What's the magic word?"

"What?"

I got down from the horse to check the commotion. We are now in front of Gokuri's castle gate and it's past midnight but it seems we came uninvited.

"Shindou-san, can you watch over Tsurugi for me?"

"Yes, your Highness," Shindou-san said and he got down his horse to look over Tsurugi who had fallen asleep on our horse a while ago.

"Tenma? What's going on?" I asked.

"This gate guard here won't let us in. He's asking for some kind of magic word."

What the hell...

I am very tired, the men are also tired, Tsurugi is injured, and we came a long way to reach this stupid gate not to mention everything we've gone through before reaching this place.

I will make this freaky guard let us in no matter what.

I banged the gate with anger.

"(Y/N)! What are you doing?" Tenma asked.

"You there! Whoever you are, you have to let us in! We've come a long way to reach King Endou and one of my guards is badly injured! Let us in or I will shoot you with an arrow through this hole!" I demanded while consistently banging the steel gate.

"..."

"Hey! Answer me!"

"What's the magic word?"

You gotta be kidding me 😑

"Look, we are in a dead serious situation right now. We don't have time for some freakin magic word," I'm getting frustrated by this.

"What's the magic word?"

"That's it," I put an arrow against the bowstring and shot it in the narrow hole between the gate.

There was no response. There was no movement. Did I just shoot that freaky guard dead?

After a few moments, the gate slowly opened before us.

"Huh. That'll do it," I went back to the horse and led it inside.

"Can someone tell me what just happened?" Kariya asked.

"Queen Gouenji! It's you!" I heard a voice from inside the gate and when I looked, it was none other than the king of Gokuri, Endou Mamoru himself.

"Your Eminence!" I exclaimed.

"Welcome to Gokuri, everyone," he said and I noticed he was wearing pyjamas.

"Thank you your Majesty, but, mind if I ask why you are out here at the gate at this time of night?"

"Well, since those three girls were taken here and they've told me what happened to you guys, I simply couldn't rest."

"Our apologies if we had you worried, your Majesty."

He simply smiled at me. "Nah it's fine. Besides, I find guarding the gate in the middle of the night quite fun. You know staying in the castle bores me most of the time and I rarely get fresh air."