Chapter 14: Another Cave

(Y/N)'s POV

...

My body felt weak and cold. It seemed that I am faced down on some ground. My bow and quiver are still attached on my back. I tried to use whatever strength I have left within me to open my eyes and get up. I have no idea where I am or if I'm fully okay and it's almost getting dark.

I looked around and saw a pool and waterfalls. Waterfalls? Why is there a waterfall around here?

...

...

...

Waterfalls! Right! I remember now. Tsurugi and I jumped down the waterfalals to escape from the spiders and----- Tsurugi! Where's Tsurugi?!

My eyes widened in fear and I ran back to the water to find him. He couldn't have drowned. He was a way better swimmer than me!

"Tsurugi!" I called out and looked around again. At the far side of the pool's edge I saw a body lying face down. "Tsu-Tsu-Tsurugi???"

I ran towards that edge of the pool. The familiar armor made me realize that it really is Tsurugi.

"Tsurugi! Oh God, are you alright?!" I knelt down next to him and I slowly lifted his arms.

"Nngg...." I thought I heard him groan.

"Tsurugi?! Tsurugi wake up!" I shook him and he slowly opened his eyes. I sighed.

Tsurugi began to slowly get up. I looked at his armor and I noticed that his left pauldron is missing and his breastplate is also scratched.

"Are you alright?" I worriedly asked.

"I-I'm fine," he said and tried to get up. "Aw..." he groaned again as he touched his left shoulder.

"Your shoulder must've hit a rock when we fell. Come on, we have to find a place to rest. And we need to find the others as well."

We stood up and looked around. There is a forest near the pool and a small cave. Oh great, another cave. I hate caves now.

We slowly walked towards that cave and I noticed that it's just like a small bear hole. Tsurugi walked inside and looked around it. "It's safe," he called out.

I picked some wide leaves from a tree and I also gathered a few rocks and firewood. I rubbed the rocks to make fire since my matches are all wet and useless now. I saw Tsurugi lean against the wall of the cave as I put the wood together in the fire.

My tunic was still wet from the pool so I had to take it off as well as my boots, leaving my fitting tank top and just my pants. I wondered where our horses had gone.

"Y-your Majesty..." I saw Tsurugi turn his head away as I took off my tunic. A faint blush visible beneath his eyes.

I raised one brow at him which he probably didn't see because he was looking in the opposite direction. "What? Haven't seen a lady in a tank top before?" there are many women in the army and when training and lodging most of them just mix with the men so this shouldn't be surprising for him.

"I-i-it's not that, y-your Majesty..." he was stuttering. "I-I mean you are m-my queen. To see you look like that would mean disrespecting you."

I sighed, "I understand your point. But look. We are like miles away from Hageshi, we have no idea where the others are, we lost our horses, we're both cold so I had to dry my tunic since all my clothes are with the horses. I suggest, why don't you take that heavy armor off too so you could dry yourself by the fire? Aren't you feeling cold?" I placed some leaves against the cave wall.

He didn't answer and he didn't move.

I sighed and leaned my back against the cave's wall. "Well if you don't want it is fine by me anyway. But remember, you're the one who told me the first day we left Hageshi that you don't prioritize respect or anything else. Just my protection. However I'm not so sure right now if you'll be able to prioritize protection if that wet armor's gonna make you catch a cold."

He still didn't answer and I just closed my eyes and put my arms behind my head. I began to wonder where the others might be. Are they alright? And the horses. Taiyou had asked us to take care of them. I hope we find them around here.

The cave grew darker and darker as the sun had fully set. The only light I see is the fire I had made in the cave. I felt myself slowly drifting into slumber. Then I fell asleep.

(Time skip)

Still (Y/N)'s POV

...

A cold breeze brushed across my face, wakening my consciousness. I rubbed and opened my eyes. I had fallen asleep, but how long? It's still night in the cave.

I looked at the fire I had made a while ago. A tiny flame was still flickering on it so I grouped the firewood together to make the fire bigger and warmer.

As soon as the fire was big again and the cave was warm, I saw Tsurugi's armor splattered around the cave's floor. I guess he did follow my suggestion after all. I glanced at him and he was lying on the cave's floor with his shirt and greaves still on. His back was facing me.

I tried to lean against the cave wall again when a movement caught my eye. I looked at Tsurugi intently. He seems to be shaking.

I crawled towards him and slightly poked him. "Tsu-Tsurugi? What's wrong?"

He didn't answer. He was wrapping himself with his hands that are free from his gauntlets and vambraces. He was really shaking and I started to feel worried.

"Hey! What's wrong?" I asked again and moved his shoulders, making him lie on his back.

He's not answering and he was still shaking. His eyelids are closed but they are slightly moving. I touched his forehead and it was hot.

He's got a fever!

I had to get him to the fire but I don't think I could carry him so I gently put my arms under his back and dragged, yes, I dragged him near the fire. This guy is too heavy for me!

I checked my tunic and it was already dry so I wrapped it over Tsurugi. I looked at him and somehow, I noticed that he had stopped shaking. I sighed and lied down next to him. Then I turned my back on him and slept again.

~~~

Gin: Chapter 14 done! *cough* *cough*

Demi: You okay?

Gin: Do I look like I'm okay!? I just coughed out dust! I got sick from the explosion you and Tsurugi caused in the last chapter. *cough* *cough*

Demi: Sorry.

Gin: What happened back then?

Demi: He accidentally spilled all the popcorn.

Gin: It was an accident? (-_-)

Demi: Yeap! ^_^

Gin: YOU TRIED. TO KILL HIM. AND YOU CAUSED. THE EXPLOSION. JUST. BECAUSE. HE SPILLED. YOUR POPCORN. ACCIDENTALLY?!!!

Demi: Yeap! ^_^

Gin: (-_-) You're grounded.

Demi: What? You can't do that!

Gin: Where's Tsurugi?! *cough* *cough*

Demi: He's with reader-chan and he is sick.

Gin: Is it your fault again?

Demi: Uhm.. No? But don't worry, reader-chan will make him feel better! I can't wait to see what happens next morning in this fic! I ship Tsurugi and reader-chan! *fangirls and squeals like mad*

Gin: Of course you do. *cough* *cough* Thanksagain, Min'na-san... *cough* *cough* See you in the *cough* *cough* next chapter.I need to see a doctor. *cough* *cough*