Chapter 18: Revelations

(Warning: Graphic Depictions of Violence. Please skip this part if you don't like things like that)

(Tsurugi's POV)

...

W-What happened? I slowly regain consciousness. I was standing up, my arms are raised and my wrists felt some kind of cold metal wrapped in it.

Chained.

I slowly opened my eyes. Everything is dark. I panted as I felt cold sweat run down my spine. I hear no sound other than my heavy breathing.

I tried to move my body but the chains that kept my wrists prevented me from taking any further step.

Where am I? And Queen (Y/N)... The thought of (Y/N) awakened the anger in my heart.

Where's (Y/N)?!

I have to get away from here!

I have to protect her!

I struggled, making the chains that hang my wrists make a clanging sound.

A faint yellow light appeared out of nowhere. I narrowed my eyes to see what it was. It was some kind of torch, carried by a man I couldn't recognize.

The torch neared to something which seemed like a prison cell's door. I hear a clicking sound, like a key being turned in a keyhole before the door opened.

The man with the torch went inside and I noticed he was followed by another man.

"The versatile and agile Shindou Takuto..." a deep voice said. I looked to one side and I saw Shindou-san tied up in the same position as me.

"The courageous and ever-loyal Kirino Ranmaru..." the deep voice continued. I looked to the opposite side where I saw Shindou and there, Kirino-kun is also tied up.

"The fearless and valiant General Matsukaze Tenma..."

What?! General's here too?!

Tenma is on the far side with locks around his wrists, pinning him on the wall.

"I can't believe I easily caught Hageshi's best warriors!" the man roared. Then he walked towards me.

"And the infamous Tsurugi Kyousuke... Hageshi's warrior who was known to yield an unwavering strength and incredible skill in swordfights..."

I growled and struggled to break free but it seems useless.

"...is struggling and helpless in my very own dungeon!" he laughed. He laughed until he almost had tears in his eyes that he had to wipe them away.

"What the heck happened, gentlemen?!" he looked at our faces. "Such sad, sad, sad, faces. I thought you were supposed to protect Queen (Y/N) of Hageshi. Why are you all here?" he laughed again.

"Where's (Y/N) and the other girls?!" I roared at him.

"'Where's (Y/N) and the other girls?!' Woo. Scary..." he taunted me. "Don't worry. Your lovely queen and her headmistresses are in good hands."

"Don't you dare touch the queen!" I roared again. If I was just free from these chains, I would never hesitate to cut this annoying guy in half. Not even a split second.

"Oh, wait a second. I'm forgetting something. I haven't introduced myself. Gentlemen, before you is the most adorable person in the world!"

What the heck... if this isn't a bad situation, I could hear cricket sounds from all the silence in this cell.

"Hahaha... None of you here could recognize me, eh? I changed my hairstyle but it's still me."

I'm literally hearing cricket sounds now.