Chapter 16: the Search

Third Person POV

Michael's breath staggered as he slid to a stop on the concrete dock near the sea. Cargo ships surrounded the solid structure, the area quiet for it was only the wee hours of the morning. Michael leaned on a nearby wall, clutching his stomach desperately. He closed his eyes tightly, breathing from his mouth heavily.

Michael stood up shakily, using the wall as support. He should have drank his medicine before going here. He wished he noticed before recklessly coming here.

Michael took a few inhales and exhales before standing back to his full height. Red eyes replaced blue ones, shadows swirling around him in an ardent manner. He had to push through, no matter what.

The sound of the waves echoed eerily through the quiet stillness. Michael's eyes adjusted to the dark, quickly noting the position of boxes and cargo. He tried communicating with Michelle again but to no avail. That was strange, considering that the last time their telepathy did not work was when Michelle was out of commission back when they were normal.

Michael ran swiftly and soundlessly through the warehouses, his eyes alert and wary. If that fallen angel dare to touch his sister, he's dead. The darkness guaranteed movement in the shadows and Michael made sure to check every dark nook and cranny. He jumped to the roof, scanning the clear space with an eagle eye. Nothing.

Michael pondered a bit, deciding to check every building thoroughly. He began his search, silently attempting to call Michelle but failing miserably by the minute. His clear mind slowly melded into a desperate trance,making him call out for his sister verbally. A part of his mind said that his efforts were in vain, but the rest of himself said to keep going. He had to stop for a while, keeping himself from vomiting mid movement.

As he leaned achingly on the wall, he tried to communicate with Michelle once again. Still no response. He sighed heavily as he slid down and curled into a ball. He didn't realize his head was throbbing in pain until now. Perhaps it was the adrenaline.

He stayed still for a long time, wordlessly thinking of the things that could have happened to Michelle and coaxing his scratchy throat. His determined disposition a few hours ago had broken down into a desperate temperament. It has been a long time since he felt this way, a long time meaning the last time he has seen his sister scared and hurt. He hated this feeling, the helplessness and hopelessness, but the thought of giving up was not accepted by his brain.

M-Michael?

Michael quickly got to his feet, his head turning from left to right as if he will be able to see Michelle if he looked close enough.

Michelle? Where are you?

The connection was stronger, Michael can feel it strengthen as he focused on picking up a signal. He started running around again, ignoring the throbbing sensation near the back of his neck.

Y-You have to go back home. Don't worry. W-We'll be okay, for now.

Michael abruptly came to a stop, Michelle's words perplexing him.

Why? I can't just leave you behind!

He's after you. I-I think he saw you and he plans to catch you too.

Michael clenched his fists tightly.

Let him come at me.

You don't understand! He has a-

Michelle's voice grew desperate and alarmed before the connection suddenly cuts off.

Michelle? Michelle!

Michael hung his head low in anger and despair, surprised when he felt tears fall down his cheeks. For the first time in a long while, he cried.

~*****~

"Micha-chan!" Honey greeted as soon as Michael entered his study. The usual group of his annoying fellow schoolmates were standing in the middle of the room, looking out  of place in the midst of black themed  furniture. He was tired and angry, and seeing the Host Club just made everything worse.

"What the hell are you doing in my office? Who let you in?" Michael asked with a glare, his red eyes flashing for a few seconds.

Haruhi was the one who responded for everyone, who were silently gaping at the change of eye color. "Your odd butler told us to wait here."

"He is not our butler," Michael replied as he massaged his temples which seems to be hurting more than it did before. "What do you want?"

"W-Well, we noticed that Michelle isn't here so we thought we'd pop in!" Tamaki exclaimed with a little nervousness laced to his voice. Michael almost smirked at the thought of Tamaki fearing him.

Michael groaned. "Now is not really a good time..."

"Why is that?" Kyoya suddenly asked. Michael looked at him, wondering when did Kyoya get the initiative to ask. Maybe he already had it, but intimidation can do unnecessary stress on anybody.

Michael sighed as he made his way to his seat, rubbing his tired eyes languidly. The hosts watched him worriedly, noticing his tired demeanor and weary look.

He sat down, letting his head hit the table loudly earning a wince from Hikaru and Kaoru. He closed his eyes, ignoring the presence of the other people in front of him. The room was still for a few moments, the room oddly gerting colder than it was just a few minutes ago.

"Have a seat," Michael muttered. The hosts shuffled to seat at the parallel couches in front of the table, trying hard not to make a noise but failing miserably starting with Tamaki calling Hikaru out on tripping him to faceplant on the couch.

"You're trying to trip me!" Tamaki exclaimed, pointing an accusing finger towards Hikaru. Hikaru put his hands up.

"I didn't do anything, dono. You tripped on my foot."

"Then why was it in front of me?!"

"Baka," Kaoru said bluntly.

"What did you say-"

"Can you just shut the hell up and bloody sit down, for Pete's sake!" Michael growled, holding his head with an arm but still scowling at them. The hosts froze before quickly sitting down, thinking about how it was the first time they heard Michael's British accent out loud.

"So," Michael started as he took his medicine from the drawer, "What do you know about the current situation?"

.
.
.
*kneels and bows in formal apology* I'm so sorry!

I'm such an incompetent writer -.-

but in all seriousness, I'm so sorry this took so long. I have been working on a book of my own, and that took up all my inspiration. I opened my Wattpad a few days ago and received a lot of people in my inbox, asking for me to continue. I'm so sorry! I swear I'll try my best to finish this book. Thank you for the people who are still waiting for me to update for the first time in forever (last update was last October... I think) I'm so sorry again! If you have any comments or suggestions, please list them on the comments below.

If anyone still reads this, thank you for sticking with me and reminding me to update. Writing is my favourite activity, and I'm glad I shared my crappy writing skills with you. :'3

Once again, I apologize for the super late update and see you soon! (hopefully)