Clover

|S T A T U S - ongoing
P U B L I S H E D - 01/09/2022
C O M P L E T E D - 31/03/2023|

|S U M M A R Y|

Cai,
I miss you.
I know I shouldn't, but I do....
-
Nevaeh Reyes was hopelessly in love with Cael when Elias Brantley crashed into her life - literally.

Blunt, persistent and curious, Elias was everything Nevaeh was trying to avoid. Senior year was her final hurdle separating her from the love of her life, or so she thought.

Assigned to a stupid school project banking on getting to know the innermost workings of your partner's mind, Elias and Nevaeh are forced to peel apart the layers of themselves in more ways than one.

Dealing with unprecedented feelings, a devastating amount of trauma and fuck ups, read as Elias and Nevaeh figure out how to navigate love when their worlds were so full of pain and heartbreak.

A story of tragedy, growth and maturity, Clover isn't your typical coming of age novel.

Punctuated with difficult conversations, recovery from low mental health spells and learning how to love again, the story of Nevaeh Reyes and Elias Brantley never has a dull moment.
Trigger warnings are detailed in the disclaimer, but there is extremely mature content throughout.

|D E D I C A T I O N|

This story is dedicated to my friends, particularly Rachael, who inspires a character in this story. She encouraged me to rewrite this the first time around, and almost four years later (on the third rewrite) her request was finally fulfilled.

| C O P Y R I G H T |

ALL rights reserved. All characters belonging to this story are owned by tgmwrites.

ALL characters in this story are from my imagination. Any similarities to real life people and anything else are not intended.

IN other words, do not copy, steal or reproduce anything without my consent. This thing is an extension of myself - please remember that.

| D Os & D O N T's |

D Os:
i. Comment, vote and share the story.
ii. Kindly point out grammatical or phrasing errors.
iii. Private message me !

D O N T's:
i. Promote your story on mine.
pm me if you really want me to read a story by you, I'd love to give it a read and show your work some love too.
ii. Hate on other readers, me or my work.
iii. Spoil the story for others, comments can and will be deleted.
iiii. Plagiarise. Don't do it. It's not cool.

|D I S C L A I M E R S|

This book deals with disordered relationships with food throughout it's entirety; I won't be putting warnings at the start of each chapter but if you know that it wouldn't be the best idea to read this considering your own personal scenario, please be warned.

It is graphic in parts, but only in relation to the aftermath of abuse - both physical and mental, never the actual scene (if physical)

It deals with extreme issues - please be wary.

I will not tolerate intolerance anywhere in this space, nor will I tolerate bullying or foul comments should they so happen to appear. A few of my characters belong to marginalised communities, and regardless, things such as homophobia, transphobia or racism - or any other form of discrimination or hate speech will result in an immediate report and block.

|T R I G G E R W A R N I N G S|
Eating disorders
Internalised / Externalised Homophobia
Drug misuse
Grooming
Abuse - Verbal, Physical and Mental
Rape (implied)
Self-esteem issues
Body-dysmorphia
If I miss any please let me know !

| W E L C O M E ! |

Welcome to Clover, I'm Tia, the person behind tgmwrites and I really hope you enjoy reading this story. This story has grown so much with me throughout the years, as I mentioned, I originally wrote and drafted about a quarter of this story when I was 13, and I started this rewrite when I was 16. I'm 18 now, and finally ready to share it with the world.

I hope this story leaves you smiling, crying, laughing and fuming all in one. I'm so greatly attached to this book and these characters and I hope you'll grow to love them along the way.

This is my first fully completed book, I'd like to say I'm experienced since I have been on Wattpad for 7 years now, but I'm new to writing and I'm quite young so I doubt the quality will be as good as I would hope, but one can dream.

Fair warning, the chapters are almost always at least 4000 words (to start! they get shorter I promise) - so very fucking long. It's a slow burn with a lot of heartache and tragedy so please be patient.

Constructive criticism is always welcome !

Clover is entirely written, buried deep in my google docs waiting to be published, so updates will be regular; Mondays and Fridays for now, so no need to worry about unreliable schedules and things. I hope you enjoy the story, thank you for giving it a chance :)