Older

Once you're 36, married, and have 2 kids, it's hard to actually have a life. Day in and day out I'm sad, I'm depressed. I'm not happy with my life. I love my kids to death, my husband- not so much.

My kids are now 16 and 13, so it's not like I'm spending much time with them, they're always off doing their own things.

My husband hasn't been the best, always complaining, not helping around the house, and I'm almost positive he doesn't love me, it's time for a change. But again, married and have kids. I can't just run away and live happily ever after.

"Bye dean. I'm going out" I say and he grunts, I roll my eyes and grab my keys, and fix my coat before stepping out into the Canadian weather.

I crinkle my nose and rush into the car, being careful not to slip.

I click the radio on and head out to the hair dressers, being 36 is definitely hard, I'm not 18 any more with thick long blonde hair. The one thing I'm actually happy about is my body, my way to let off steam is just working out, I'd say I'm a hot mom.

"Y/n! How are the kids? I've missed ya!" Darlene exclaims as she smacks her gum.

"Hey dar, they've been ok. Definitely a huge pain. Jessica is a huge ball of attitude" I explain leaning against the wall.

"And You've got all teens now? God bless you sweetie." Darlene chuckles, I laugh and look around the salon.

My eyes land on a boy, he looked out of place, I mean. A young man in a salon where older ladies go- He definitely didn't belong.

"Is that someone's nephew?" I ask as Darlene types away at her computer.

"Yeah, it's Cheryl's, he's a cutie" she explains hoping up from her seat and motioning me towards a chair.

"He definitely is"

"Thanks again dar, we should go out to lunch sometime" I suggest before leaving, she nods and goes back to her desk, waiting for the old shop to fill with new costumers.

I glance to look at the boy once more, but he was gone. I frown.

The cold wind hits me and I instantly shiver.

"Ma'am?" A voice asks.

"Yes-"

"Oh, I'm sorry. Hello dear" I smile, it was the gorgeous boy from the salon.

"I'd just like to comment, you're very beautiful" he blushes, his cheeks turn a rosy red, matching his nose.

"Oh, me? No way, I'm an old lady. You must be drinking" I laugh. I laughed, I haven't laughed in forever, at least by a male.

"No, you're certainly stunning" he smiles again.

"I'm 19 by the way" he adds quickly making me laughing even more.

"Well thank you. You're a very cute.."

"Shawn"

"Shawn. You're very cute." I giggle.

"Thank you..."

"Y/n"

"Y/n. Thank you." He copies and I scrunch my nose and a smile spreads across my face.

"Here's my number. If you're interested, I'm into older ladies." He smirks before walking back inside.

I smile going into my car, biting my lip and doing a happy dance.

He's 19, it's legal. He could be like my son, that's weird. A 36 year old dating a 19 year old? Creepy. But when I looked at him, our ages disappeared. I never experienced love at first sight, but man was it real.

"Alright dean. I've told you countless times. Dinner is in the oven, just heat it up. I'm out with Darlene." I say as I put in my gold earrings, and rush into the restaurant.

The warmth hits my face and the chattering and low lights set the mood. I see Shawn waiting at a booth for two and I instantly smile.

"Hello beautiful" He says flashing his pearly whites.

"Hello handsome" I say.

I'm cheating, I'm cheating on my husband. Why do I feel excited? Giddy? This isn't right. I have kids.

"So, this is our fourth date. What did you tell your husband his time?" Shawn says and grabs a piece of bread, ripping a part off and chewing it in a polite manner.

I sigh. "I told him I was hanging out with Darlene, what did you tell your mom?"

"My mom? Y/n. I'm the famous pop star Shawn Mendes. I'm finishing my album and I'm in Canada right now to shoot a music video, I don't have to tell my mom who I go on dates with" he laughs and I nod.

"Wait- what if someone sees us? Takes a picture of us and posts it every where and then my kids see it-"

"Shh, y/n. You're fine. Hey, hey. It's ok" he reassures and I nod smiling.

"You're right, let's order"

"Y/n" dean yells and I roll my eyes, shutting my phone off.

"Yes"

"We need to talk" He says sitting down on the bed.

"Ok" I sigh.

"Listen- I think we should, I don't know. Try and start over? I love you, I've been a complete jerk, let me win you back." He says, and my heart sinks. No. No way, it's Shawn. I'm in love with Shawn, not him. I'm not spending one more minute with him.

"I-I can't." I say with tears filling up my eyes, he scrunches his eyebrows.

"Well ok, good night." He frowns laying down.

I wait until 2 am, I grab a bag and stuff it with a bunch of clothes, and toiletries.

I carefully grab my phone and charger before slipping out of the house. I'm running away, my kids don't need me. My husband doesn't need me, Shawn needs me. And I need him.

His Jeep pulls up to me and I rush in the passenger side.

"Hello hot stuff" He says and presses his lips on my warm ones, I smile pulling away.

"Hello good looking" I smirk.

"Don't look at me like that" He says, his eyes growing dark.

"Why not?" I ask, feeling bold.

"Oh" he laughs.

"The only thing that is stopping me for ripping all of your clothes off and eating you up is the fact that we are right in front of your house." He says swallowing hard.

I feel tingly and nod, he placed his hand on my thigh and speeds away.