Ch. 16

Faith walked through the doors of Byron's work place.

"Byron?' Ryan called out.

"Hello there. Nice to see you again, Faith," Byron smirked as he emerged from the dark.

"Um, hi?" Faith whispered, confused, "I thought Mason was in here," she added.

Byron laughed. "You silly girl, Mason isnt here. Ryan tricked you. Mason's trapped in the shed," Byron smirked.

Just then, Ryan tied Faith's hands and dragged her into a room, the only light coming from a small bulb hanging from the ceiling.

When Faith got back to her feet, she found her dad tied to a chair under the bulb with blood stains on the floor and down his face.

Faith wanted to fight Ryan and run for help, but when she saw her father's motionless body, she ran to his aid.

"DAD!" Faith shouted. She ran to him and plopped down on the floor in front of him. "Dad?" she whispered with tears forming in her eyes.

Slowly, Jim tried to look at her. "Faith?" he barely got out.

"Yes, Dad, its me," she said fighting back tears.

"Are we safe?" he asked her.

"No, Daddy. We are still trapped," she cried.

Faith carefully fluing herself onto her dad into an awkward hug.

"I love you, Daddy," she cried.

"I love you too," he whispered.

"Aw; now isnt that sweet," Ryan teased, "too bad you're still trapped here." his cold, hard voice rang through the room.

"Byron's finally rubbed off on him," Faith whispered, "he was always the softy."

Ryan walked over to Faith and yanked her by her hair into a chair. He tied her to the chair and pulled her so she was sitting back-to-back with JIm.

"I'm sorry I got you into this," Faith whispered before JIm became unconcious again.

~~

"It's been three days! When am I going to get my baby and husband back?" Lucy cried when Mr. Geoffrey arrived. "Who knows if they're even still alive?"

"Mom? Mom, its going to be ok," Austin shushed her.

"Austin's right. We have to have probably cause before we can enter," Mr. Geoffrey told her.

"Probable cause? ISnt it enought that they took my husband and my daughter?" Lucy shouted.

"Mom, please calm down," Hope said.

"Mrs. Gilbert, please. We dont have solid evidence they took Jim and Faith kind of went there on her own," Mr. Geoffrey reminded her.

"Wait, Mr. Geoffrey! When I was in the house, I remember seeing Mr. Gilbert's watch that he showed me. He showed me Mrs. Gilbert had it engraved for him. It was bloody and sitting on the counter. They must have taken it from him when they took him to the work place," Mason remembered.

"Great! Now, we can get my loves back?" Lucy smiled.

"Wait a second, we cant use that. The judge will think we sent you in there to collect evidence. Any good lawyer will use that and Ryan and Byron will be free," Mr. Geoffrey informed them.

MRs. Gilbert got tears in her eyes and ran to her bedroom.

"So what are we supposed to do? Wait 'til they're dead then pick their dead bodies off the sidewalk and forget this all happened?" Lily's voice got cold and hard.