Ch7~The meeting

Joy looked up. She felt like she was looking in a mirror. It all felt unreal. Faith actually showed up!

"Faith?" Joy asked.

"YES, Joy!! its me! Now are you going to sit there in shock or ae you going to hug me?" Faith laughed.

"Im sorry. I just cant believe you came," Joy smiled.

Joy stood up and hugged her. The two stood embracing each other forever. They both couldnt believe what was happening.

Finally the two let go.

"Sorry I was late. Our ride bailed, so we had to find another last minute. Oh, by the way, these are my friends," Faith introduced each friend in her group.

"Its ok. And this is Sean," JOy smiled.

Faith and her friends took a seat. They spent the next hour and a half talking. Joy told Faith about her family and friends. Faith told about her life and friends. The girls realized they lived two completely different lives, but had the same tastes.

"So, Faith, I have something important to ask you," JOy said.

Faith smiled, and Sean looked at joy confused.

"Would you like to meet the rest of the family? Hope? Our parents and friends?" Joy asked.

"Of coarse i would!" Faith smiled.

"Great! How about Monday night at our birthday dinner? Itll be a great gift to Hope and a huge surprise for our parents. What do you think?" Joy explained.

"Well my gaurdians never really do anything for my birthday anyway. I guess I could tell them Mason's taking me out, if you dont mind him coming?" FAith said.

"Great! and of coarse he can come. Just let me know tonight or tomorrow," JOy said ecstatic.

Faith checked the time. "I have to be home by 8 and its an hour drive. Ill ask Mason if he can take me Mondasy and I'll let you know. It was nice meeting you and Sean," Faith said standing up, "I love you!"

"It was nice meeting all of you and getting to know you," JOy said getting up, "Love you too. Be safe!"

Joy and Faiht hugged. Then sean and Joy watched them leave.

"Whats wrong?" Sean asked when he noticed Joy crying.

"I just cant believe she came. For someone who lived with bad people, she's a good person. We have so much in common," JOy cried

Sean hugged her. "Atleast she's been taken good care of. I've sen people from bad families be the worst people ever and vise versa. She's being protected," Sean whispered, trying to comfort her.

"I know and Sean, thank you so much for coming with me. It means a lot," JOy said. "C'mon. I've got to be home soon and so do you," she added kissing him on the cheek.

Sean and Joy got up and walked outside to the bus stop. They hugged and got on their seperate buses.

Twenty minutes later, Joy arrived at her house and was mobbed with questions.

"Where did you two go? Did he ask you to be his girlfriend?" Hope interrogated.

"We went to the mall and no he didnt ask me," JOy said.

"Is he still coming to the birthday dinner MOnday?" Hope asked.

"Of coarse! Just becausse he didnt ask me out doesnt mean we'rre not friends," JOy exclaimed.

"Sorry. I was just asking because you know my friend Maddie's not coming," Hope sighed.

"What? Why? I thought she was your best friend?" JOy asked.