"That was a jacket? I thought it was a dress. My bad." She chuckles and I shove her in her step to which she chuckles harder.

"It was a jacket idiot, you should get your eyes checked." I raise a brow at her mockingly and she rolls her eyes at me. I couldn't help but find a genuine smile underneath her scowl but I didn't think on it. Malakei had the same expression on his face as he looked at me and that's when I finally had enough.

"Stop looking at me like that, both of you."

"I'm not saying anything!" They both say in sync before turning to look at each other with a knowing look. I yelp and run forward away from them. They only laugh at this as I make my way up to the main building, bursting through the doors and jogging to the dining room.

The minute I open the doors however I freeze as my eyes lock onto my grandfather in the dining room. Sitting down and using his time to divulge in a book.

My heart increases at the sight of him sitting there and I immediately make my way over to him, a smile on my face as I do so.

"Grandfather?" I question and at my voice he immediately looks up from his book hopeful. When his eyes spot me, they begin to well up and he closes his book getting up from the table and outstretching his arms for me. He chuckles as I run into his awaiting arms and I bury my face into his chest. Missing him, he reminded me of home and my old life that my heart longed to be with him.

"Keylin.." He speaks. His voice filled with joy as he hugs me. "You have grown so much since I last saw you. How are you doing?"

He has aged in the last few years which is no surprise, he was verging on the later stars of his life but still. His health was pristine but decreasing.

"I'm ok." I breath out. "What about you? What are you doing here?" I question in excitement as I pull back to look at him. He smiles at me and ruffles my hair jokingly.

"I'm here with a few of my people. We are looking for sanctuary from the storm that is raging over the High Peaks." He states with a grim look and I frown at this.

"Storm?" I question and he nods.

There was no such thing as a storm ever occurring over the High Peaks. The weather was always mild and clammy. There was no coincidence that Max and his twisted powers had something to do with this. Which made me come to the truthful realisation that he was indeed getting closer and we were running out of time.

"Kova is a good friend of mine." My grandfather brings me out of my thoughts. "He is allowing my elves to stay with him until the storm blows over and we can return to our native land."

"That's...nice of him." I state.

The same Kova that sentenced me to death for crossing sectors? I was surprised. Then again, the trading with my grandfather and the Gods had been alive for generations upon generations along with their friendship. Kova would have known that I was his best friend's grandson surely. I knew Kova didn't like me but...this was all a bit strange. I couldn't make sense of it all.

Malakei and Anya make their way through the dining room doors and I turn around to their chattering forms. Their eyes find me but Malakei is the first to stop in his tracks the minute he sees my grandfather.