I Miss You

"Hello? Jennie?" I picked up the phone to the one friend I had in Fanfare.

"Ah, Y/N! Happy Valentine's Day! Guess what!" I heard her rustling around, probably looking for a place to sit.

"What is it?" I smiled. It felt nice hearing her voice again.

"I think I just got asked out by Minki!" Jennie squealed, the phone crackling at the sound of it.

"What?" My eyes widened. Lucky. It doesn't seem like I'll fall in love this year. "Well, I think I'm going to stay a single pringle for a while." I could hear laughter from the other side of the phone.

"I beat you to love, Yoon Y/N. By the way, I have a box of chocolates I need to give you. Made them myself." The words flowed through the phone with pride.

"Alright then, give it to me at the cemetery."

"...You're going there today?" Jennie's voice sounded more hushed and pitiful.

"Er, yeah, I mean, I gotta go say hi to my dad, don't I?" I shrugged, as if Jennie was right next to me.

"Yeah, okay, see you round."

I cut the call while jumping onto the sofa in my miniature apartment. Thinking of dad made my eyes water. You only start to want people once they're long gone. I mean, I've always loved him. He was a legend with long hair like a girl's... No, better than a girl's, but I didn't expect the event to impact my life so much.

🌞

I read the information on the cemetery stone once again for the millionth time.

Yoon Jeonghan
1978-2016
Died of cancer in Fanfare Hospital on Valentine's Day

WE WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER YOU.

It was so simple, but everytime I read it I always reminisce the hospital smell of detergent and bleach and the long, winding, narrow corridors that looked like they twisted their way down to hell.

Plus, it was more than just a mere death.

It was murder.

A/N
\^-^/ I finally published this book

Edited: 5/6/2018