12; P a R t Y y Y

this is part 1 of 2 so brace yourself

---

Richie's pov (oh shit that's a thing I'm doing now)

I dug my hands into the pockets in my hoodie as I walked up to school. I had just texted Max I wanted to meet and talk and fuck, I was really not looking forward to this. I just want Eddie to love me and I want him to tell me how he feels. I'm too scared to tell him how I feel because I'm scared he won't reciprocate my feelings. 

As I walked and thought about Eddie I saw Max come into view. She was waving at me and smiling I smiled back and she ran over to me placing a kiss on my cheek. That was weird. She never does that kind of stuff unless people are around. And no one else can see us since everyone is in a class. I and Max had a free first so we could get to school 15 minutes late and sign in without being tardy. 

"Max we need to talk," I said as we walked towards the dining hall. She smiled and followed me into the Dining hall. 

I grabbed a seat at a both and she sat across from me. 

"I think I know what this is about..."

"what do you think it is?"

"I heard Bev, Richie. She was pretty loud. And she didn't seem happy." Max said as she looked down avoiding eye contact with Richie. 

"I'm sorry. All good things must come to an end." I said as I looked down as well."

"Yeah, I guess your right."

When I looked back up Max had left I had no idea if she was mad or sad but she was gone. I pulled out my phone and checked the time, I have 40 minutes until I have Math with Eddie. I put my phone in my pocket and pulled out my laptop to work on some English paper about The Catcher In The Rye. 

The bell finally rings and I walk to Math when Eddie and I cross paths. 

"Whats up Eds?" I ask as I snake an arm around him and ruffle his hair. 

"H-hey!" He yells as he blushes and bats away my hand that ruffled his hair up. He frantically fixes his hair and sticks his tongue out at me. 

"Ready for the party tonight?" I ask as we get to Math and take our seats

"Yeah but I'm still dateless," Eddie says with a chuckle

"That makes 2 of us," I reply

"w-what? I thought y-you had Max?" Eddie says with a smile trying to conceal that he isn't happy but I can clearly see through it. I just roll my eyes and smirk at him. 

"It's complicated, I'll explain later. But we aren't together that's for sure." 

"you don't seem to upset it ended..." Eddie said as I brushed it off

"I just don't show emotions that well."

Eddie chuckled and murmured something but I had no idea what he said. 

"what was that Eds?"

"I s-said tell me about it." He mumbled again I still could barely make out the words so I just laughed awkwardly I figured it wasn't important. 

***

It was 6:00 and the party was going to start in an hour and since it was close to Richie's house he had lots of time to get ready. All the other losers were busy getting reddie and Richie was a little nervous for some reason. Eddie didn't want to go that much but if Richie was going to be there he happily obliged and Richie was the one who invited him. 

***

(I stopped the pov thing cause it got annoying lmao sorry I'm lazy)

Richie grabbed his phone and checked the time, 6;01. He decided to take a shower before the party and change. Then text Eds since he was giving him a ride. (in his car get your mind out of the gutter)