10; k i n d e r g a r t e n

updating? lmao never heard of that. I've been super busy with dance and been super stressed with school. sorry guys!! anyways enjoy this chapter. 

---

Max sat in the lunch booth across from Richie listening to him tell his love story about Eddie. 

"We both were in the same class and always talked to each other but,"

"He was clearly a class pet and I never followed any rules so as you can imagine the only time we talked was in fights," Richie said as Max giggled

"Now, one day, we were on the playground having a screaming match and I pushed him. We were on the playground and he skinned his knee and a teacher saw his knee but, didn't see me push him. KEEP IN MIND SHE DIDN'T SEE ME PUSH HIM THIS IS IMPORTANT. OK?" 

Max nodded and giggled as Richie continued with the story

"now, Eddie was crying like the little bitch he is, so I needed to fix this. I swooped in helped him up and walked him to the teacher and told her we needed to go to the nurse. She simply nodded and we began walking,"

"Eddie was so confused when I helped him so while we were walking he stopped crying and started talking to me. he asked me a few questions about why I helped and why I was being so nice,"

Max tilted her head and quirked an eyebrow staring at Richie "you already knew you liked guys at age 6?"

"what makes you say that?" Richie asked

"Well I know you wouldn't have helped him because you didn't want to get in trouble since you were already a rebel and being in trouble wouldn't have hurt your credibility that much since you already get in trouble enough. Right?" Max said

"huh, I guess you're right," Richie said

"ANYWAYS," Richie said continuing his story

"I simply told Eddie I wanted to be his friend and stop the feud, he agreed and we've been friends ever since!"

Max smiled and clapped "Beautiful, now we need to discuss boundaries and what dating includes,"

Richie nodded and pulled out his phone. 

"Alright, I have a few boundaries for me but I'm honestly ok with anything, just don't go too far."

Max nodded and Richie began listing boundaries

"I know it sounds like I'm joking about this but I'm serious. I don't want to play with your emotions so If you fall in love while fake dating you NEED to tell me. ok? I'm dead serious Max so don't lie to me."

Max nodded the smile on her face fading showing she knew Richie wasn't messing around about this. 

"Ok now, Hand holding, Kissing, and cuddling are all fine but I don't want to be known as a clingy couple. got it?"

"Yeah, so when you say you're ok with kissing... what kind of kissing are you ok with? obviously, make-out sessions might be overstepping."

Richie shook his head and smiled "I'm ok with making out but only if Eds is watching us from afar. make sense?"

Max nodded and rolled her eyes. 

"Aren't you afraid this is going to end up either hurting him or hurt you if you find out he doesn't like you?"

Richie just shook his head trying not to think about Eddie not liking him. 

"A-anyways, what are your boundaries?"

"I'm ok with anything anyways, we better get going to our 2nd period the bell is going to ring any minute now and I can't be late to French."

Richie nodded and the two teens grabbed their book bags and with that, the bell rang. Richie walked to Science with Bill and Mike and Max had French with Eddie and Max wouldn't deny it, she was scared Eddie would start interrogating her. Max arrived at French class early and took her seat about 3 seconds later Eddie arrived and sat next to her.  Eddie sat down and smiled and the two began talking. 

"So! I hear you and Richie are dating, hows it going?"

"Great! we went out on our first date yesterday." Max said with a smile. 

"Oh! where'd you go out?"

shit. If Eddie asks Richie the same question he's gonna say something different. Max just stuttered and searched for a place she thought Richie likes. 

"U-uh u-um you know that place, uhm, Oh! Pasta Mista. Richie loves spaghetti, heh, I find it funny since he calls you Eddie spaghetti all the time," Max smiled as she watched Eddie blush slightly and smile back at Max

"y-yeah he loves his nicknames,"

Soon all the students flooded in for French class and class began. Richie was in science with Bill and Mike and they were giving him a hard time about dating Max. 

"I-i ca- cant beli- ieve y- you actually as- sked her ou- out!" Bill exclaimed as Mike laughed and teases Richie. Richie just groaned and rolled his eyes. 

"leave me alone oh my fucking god."

"Chill I just don't get why you went through with it!" Mike said as the teacher told them to shush since class just started. 

The losers went through all there classes asking Richie and Max questions and both of the gave different answers sometimes but they weren't as suspicious as Eddie was. Eddie thought everything about the relationship was wrong, but maybe that was just because he liked Richie. 

At lunch, all the losers sat around the table and Richie sat next to Max with his arm lazily wrapped around her shoulders. She was giggling at all the things he said even though they weren't that funny, she was really selling the whole girlfriend thing and Lucas started noticing. Lucas obviously liked Max but they weren't dating so Max was doing this to finally open his eyes but she started forgetting about Lucas and start thinking more about Richie. 

Eddie was sitting across from Max shooting daggers from his brown big eyes as Max made small little glances at Eddie realizing how jealous he actually was. She felt bad but she knew this was what Richie wanted and soon it would all come to an end. was Max happy about it ending, she wasn't sure she really liked the losers. She also really liked spending time with Richie...

"So Richie? how long have you been dating?"