5; S i n g

"hear me out," Bev said as she inhaled deeply praying that Richie wouldn't turn down her idea. "You still have that ukelele from 9th grade?" Richie knew why she was asking and he really didn't like this idea but maybe Eddie would like it. "yeah," He said with a sigh. Bev was so excited she could barely speak. "AHHHH YAY!! ok so here's the plan. we needed roses and you have to sing ok? oK NOOOOOW" Richie wasn't even given a chance to speak so he just made 'mhmm' noises showing that he was listening. "You have to serenade him." Richie wrote down what he needed and finally was ready to put the plan into action until he realized something was missing. 

"Umm Bev," Bev was about to hang up when she heard Richie "hmm? Yeah, whats up?" "what the hell am I gonna sing??" He said in a stressful voice this had to be perfect especially for Eddie and Bev knew exactly what song he should sing. "it's a song by Dodie it's called, would you be so kind? go find some sheet music and lyrics for it." Bev said before they exchanged their goodbyes and Richie finally felt reddie.

Richie texted Eddie with shaking thumbs and his breath hitched as he tapped on Eddie's contact, was he seriously going to do this? well, it's now or never he told himself as he typed out the message. 

Richie: Eds, can we meet up? my house in ten?

Eddie: I'm busy right now

Richie: Eddie, it's important, please

Eddie: not now 

Eddie: my mom is busy yelling at me

Richie froze he knew Eddie's mom was extremely homophobic and hated Richie. Richie was so scared, is he hurting my Eds?? She's probably shoving unnecessary pills down his throat right now or worse. Richie wouldn't be happy until he knew Eddie was safe

Richie: Eddie are you ok?

Eddie: why do you even care

Richie: because you're my friend and I need to know you're ok

Eddie: I'm fine so leave me alone

Richie: no

Eddie: why can't you just take a fucking hint trash mouth ? 

Richie: I'm coming over 

Eddie:  if my mom finds out you're here she'll kill me. please I'm doing this so I won't get hurt

Richie: Eddie you need to get out of there. please.

Eddie: Richie, I'm scared. 

Richie: sneak out the window I'll park my car far away so she doesn't see it and you can stay at my place for as long as you need. 

Eddie: okok

Richie: be on the roof in 5

Richie started his Truck and drove as fast as he possibly could the roses and ukelele in the passenger's seat as he sped down the street. Richie hummed himself the song that he had just learned to try and calm him down but it just made him more worried. eventually, he arrived at a safe distance from the house so that Sonia couldn't see his car. 

He ran up to the back of the house sneaking around so that no one would see him and then he saw Eddie and almost cries. Eddie saw Richie and they both were so happy to see each other. "Richie how do I get down?!" Eddie whisper shouted at Richie who was now positioning himself so that he was under Eddie with open arms "jump, princess." Richie said in a soft whisper so that Eddie could hear but making sure Sonia wouldn't know. 

"Richie, I-i'm sca-scared." Eddie choked out as he broke into tears. Richie couldn't stand to see him like this and all of a sudden he noticed a bruise on his left upper arm. Sonia. She hurt my Ed's. "Eddie, do you trust me? we've been through so much and you don't trust me to catch you? when have I ever let you down?" Richie said in the most caring tone he had ever spoken in. Eddie just nodded his head wiping away his tears and jumped and Richie caught him bridal style. 

Richie looked at Eddie and just smiled. "told ya I'd catch ya, princess!" Richie said with a wink causing Eddie to become flustered and his face flush and a dusty rose color appear on his cheeks. Richie hoisted up Eddie not letting go of him and ran with him in his arms all the way to his car. Richie set Eddie down and they both got in the car until Eddie saw the roses and ukelele. shit. 

"what's all this?" Eddie said in a cold tone and Richie looked up at Eddie "um, well, ya see I uh-" Eddie looked up at Richie. "You don't have to lie I know they're for mystery boy." Eddie said with a smirk "I wonder who the lucky guy is." Eddie mumbled Richie looked at Eddie and then moved the roses and ukelele onto the dashboard so that Eddie could sit. 

"I'll tell you who mystery boy is when we get to my house. I promise, Eds."