Chapter Seven

Before Gemma had a chance to introduce me to everyone, Jax pops his head in the office.

"Hey darlin', you ready?" He asks with a small smile, but an irritated voice. I furrow my brows in confusion.

"Gemma was about to introduce me to everyone." I say sheepishly.

"That can wait, they'll be here when we get done." He says, irritably. I glance up at Gemma her rolls her eyes at her son, and nods her head at me as if to say it's alright. I stand up and walk towards the door.

Jax takes my hand in his and leads me toward his bike. Meanwhile, and older man followed by a bunch of other guys in cuts, are walking towards us. Jax seems to be deliberately ignoring them. The older man, the leader I am assuming, gets to Jax's bike before we do.

"This is why you're blowing the job off, brother? I piece of ass." He says looking at me. My mouth hangs open, and my eyebrows furrow. Before I get to say anything Jax speaks up.

"She's not a piece of ass, and no. I'm not doing this job because I think it's stupid and unnecessary." He says raising his voice. Gemma hears, and walks out of the office. 

"Come on brother, we all know you can tap that another time, hows about you leave her here and come with us. It'll be alright." Another guy with dark shaggy hair says.

"Hey-" Gemma starts but I cut her off. 

"Excuse me, I'm right here." I say throwing my hands up, with a look of disbelief on my face. 

"No one's talking to you sweetheart, just mind your own." The same dark haired man says to me, walking up to me, and giving me a very noticeable once over. "Maybe later we can put that mouth to good use." He says, and before I know my I am doing, I reach up and punch him across the face, hard. Everyone, including Jax stands there looking at me in disbelief of what just happened.

The man's head is still turned to the side, when his hand comes up to his own face. When he comes up I notice a bit of blood coming out of his lip. Gemma and Jax are looking at me with a prideful smug look on their faces, the other men looking in disbelief still, but the leader looks pissed. "Damn." The dark haired man mutters. 

"Probably should watch what you say to me, mister." I say, in a intimidating voice, if i do say so myself. Jax bursts into laughter, Gemma letting out a small chuckle, wrapping her arm around my shoulders, like she does.

"That's my girl. Serves you right, Tiggy." She says. "Guys, this is Taylor, the new office girl. That is if Tig didn't scare her away." Gemma looks at me.

With the eyes of everyone fixed on me, my shyness decides to come out. I look down at me feet. "Nah, I'm okay now. He just pissed me off a little." I look up and see Tig smile. 

"Sorry Doll, won't happen again. I can assure you that." He says clutching his jaw for the dramatic effect. 

"Office girl? Hon, I haven't heard anything about this." The leader of the men finally speaks up. I notice his 'President' patch when he walks up towards Gemma.

"That's because it just happened. About two minutes ago." She explains, letting go of my shoulder. "I was about to come introduce you guys, but Jax tore in and stole her away." She says, giving him a kiss. The man sighs.

"Well, I'm Clay Morrow. Welcome to TM." He say extending his hand for me to shake, which I politely do. "Sorry about what was said earlier." I assume he's apologizing for himself too.

"It's forgotten." I say with a shrug of my shoulders. "Nice to meet you." I say with a small smile.

"Taylor's new to town, so I was going to show her around when you showed up." Jax says, walking up beside me. 

Before anyone else gets a chance to say anything, a cop car pulls into the lot. All of the guys sigh, along with me. Shit, busted.  I think. Hale steps out of his truck, and I hang my head.

"Good afternoon, officer. What can we do for ya?" Clay asks, too casually. David locks me in his sights and I know I'm in trouble. 

"Clay, I'm not here for you." He says, seemingly annoyed. "I'm here for her." He says and gives me a pointed look. The guys standing in front of me all turn to look right at me and I cringe a little, trying to give my uncle a sheepish smile. 

"Damn doll, you really will fit in here. What'd ya do?" Tig asks from beside Jax. 

"I was born." I answer him quietly, not taking my eyes off of David. Jax snickers. I turn to Jax, "Sorry for all the trouble, thanks for today." I say. 

"It's no trouble darlin'. Call you later?" he asks, low enough so that David doesn't hear. And i nod and wink, turning around to walk towards David.

"Nice to meet you guys. See ya later." I say. And Clay gives me a confused look.

"She's his niece." Gemma tells him.

"Niece?!" Clay exclaims and Hale gives him a snarky look while nodding his head.

"Yes, she's my niece, so it'd be best if you all just left her alone from now on." He says and I roll my eyes.

"Come on, David." I say quietly.

Once we get in the car, David pulls out of the parking lot before he says anything. 

"Your mom called me." He says simply not looking from the road. "I know she warned you about them. What were you thinking, Taylor? You don't know them, and suddenly you're on the back of Jackson Teller's bike?" He finishes in a not so calm voice. 

"Look, my mom 'warned' me about them, but they have been nothing but nice to me! Jax is a friend, so everyone needs to calm down!" I huff. 

"Nothing but nice huh?" I nod. "Then why are your right knuckles bruised, and Tig Trager's lip busted?" He asks, matter of factly. I look at my fist for the first time since I hit Tig.

"That was a misunderstanding. I took care of it. Nothing for you to worry about." I say.

"Taylor, they are criminals. They have all been to prison. Federal prison. Even your new friend Jax. And for the moment, you're still a minor and anything that happens between the two of you, could get him sent back, for a long time!" He explains.

"WE ARE JUST FRIENDS! Jesus, why does everyone automatically assume that I'm screwing him?!" I yell, throwing my hands up. 

"Because we know who he is, you don't." He says simply.

"Whatever," I say crossing my arms and sitting back in the seat. "Where are you taking me anyway? My house is back there." I say. 

"We're meeting your mom and dad for lunch at the diner." He says.

"Mike is not my fucking dad, for the love of God." I say. 

"Step-dad, sorry." He says, not even mentioning the fact that I just said 'fucking'.

We pull into the diner, and as I go to get out, David gently touches my left arm, making me pause. "Look, I know that if you're anything like your mother used to be, there's to keeping you from them. But, please. Just keep in mind that the Sons of Anarchy are dangerous. Please be careful." He says to me. 

I give him a small smile, and nod my head. "I will, I promise." I assure him. And with that, we hop out of the truck and head inside the diner. Where my mom is waiting to yell at me, no doubt.