Chapter 5 (The Movie)

I was straightening my hair when I heard a knock on my bedroom door.

"Grace, Malum is here." yelled my mother.

"Okay I will be right out." I replied.

He's here already? I checked the clock and it read 6:30pm. Right on time. I guess I wasn't paying attention to the time that well. I got up from my nightstand and looked in the mirror on the backside of my door. My blue t-shirt matched well with the black jeans I was wearing. I played with my hair for a few more seconds and then smiled at myself. Hopefully Malum likes what I'm wearing. I threw on my jacket on the way out of my room.

Our kitchen seemed a lot smaller than usual. My mother was standing by the sink washing dishes while my dad was sitting at the table talking to Malum. They all noticed my entrance into the room.

"Grace dear, you look lovely." My mother said with a smile.

"Yeah Grace, you really do." Malum said with a smile.

He thinks I look nice. Thank goodness. I knew all my hard work getting ready this evening wasn't for nothing.

"Thanks you two."

For once Malum was not wearing pants that had tears on them. Instead he was wearing blue jeans. They looked brand new. They matched well with the green polo shirt he had on.

I totally forgot that this was the first time he was meeting my parents. I don't know if either of them did formal introductions so I mind as well initiate it anyways.

"I don't know if you guys had done proper introductions yet, but Malum these are my parents Dan and Victoria. Mom, dad, this is Malum."

My dad gave a slight chuckle. "So proper Grace. We raised you well."

"Hi Malum, nice to formally meet you." My mother said with a smile.

"Hello Mr. and Mrs. Barrington. Nice to meet you as well." Malum replied shaking both of their hands.

So far so good. This wasn't so bad after all.

Malum looked over at me and smiled. "Grace are you ready to go?"

"Yes I think I'm all set. I'm assuming your dad is outside waiting for us?"

"Yes he is. Our fathers already introduced themselves to one another. Don't worry Mr. and Mrs. Barrington. I will have Grace home safe and sound once the movie is over." Malum said to them with a reassuring smile.

"Thank you. We appreciate that. Now you two run along. Enjoy your evening." My mom scurried us through the door.

"Bye mom, bye dad. Love you."

We stepped outside my house and started walking over to where Malum's father was waiting for us in his car.

Malum looked over at me and poked my side. "You do look very beautiful tonight Grace." I forgot how to breathe.

I can't believe he thinks I'm beautiful. My heart rate was speeding up and I knew I was blushing.

I decided to try and play it cool and not let my feelings pour out all at once. I poked him back.

"Thank you Malum. You look pretty good yourself."

"Thanks Grace, that means a lot."

We reached where his father was parked and he opened my door. We slid in and buckled our seat belts. His father waved to me from the front seat.

"You must be Grace. I've heard so much about you." He laughed.

"Dad! That's embarrassing!" Malum was angry.

MoonlightOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara