Nineteen~Finished. (Edited)

Start from the beginning

                "Well...Whatever, doesn't matter now."        Just like Riven - he pulls that line, putting up a wall. It's almost an entire physical shift in his body when he does that. 

      "Yeah it does. I know you don't want to talk about it, but that doesn't make what he did okay, so I'm sorry." 

    Since meeting the infuriating mess and lovable dork that was Riven, Yuna rarely voiced her opinions unless she was with Diamond. She let Diamond speak for her, while she remained shy and quiet. But with Riven annoying her all the time, she learned to bark back. 

         Hayes glanced over to me shortly, smiling,       "Well Thank you for caring. You sound a lot like my girlfriend, Bianca."

 "Smart girl, I'd love to meet her." 

"She drives me crazy, in good and bad ways." He starts laughing, and the rest of the car ride was actually very pleasant.

  Riven was getting released in thirty minutes, finally allowed to be a free man again. The paperwork was being signed and he sat in his room silently looking out the window. He'd tried the rubber band trick and it worked sometimes, for the less severe emotions. He did cave however, and this morning resulted in three fresh cuts on his side. He promised himself this was it, the last time. From now on he was going to find new ways to cope, to be better. 

 His fear of seeing Yuna began to increase, and it shockingly wasn't something he was prepared for. This whole time he'd been excited to see Yuna, unable to wait, now that it was really happening, his hands were trembling. 

    He'd changed. Not in good ways, but not bad either. He knew of alternatives to help him, but the idea of cutting all alcohol cold turkey, and never smoking made him sick. It was the one form of self he had. Everything he'd done in life was for his family, every job, school, friend, and this was the only thing that he did for himself. Could he really cut it out so easily?

  Gill had reminded Riven that if he really wanted to do work for the FBI, they wouldn't hire someone with alcoholism or someone who smoked. They'd need someone physically and mentally fit, and his past police record and rehab record was already going to hinder him. From now on he needed to prove he wasn't the man he used to be. Prove it or fake it. 

  He did a lot of faking things lately. 

     Once he received all his papers,   they let someone in and there's a knock on the door. Hayes steps in, hands in his pockets.

  "Hey." Riven had been given some cheapy crutches now to use. 

      "Yuna's in the hallway, I wanted to speak to you first." He sighs, stepping in the bare room, it was tiny, 6 foot by 12 foot room with a twin bed against one long wall, a small metal desk and chair against the other wall and a small wardrobe, that was it.

 "Okay..." Riven bit down on his tongue, watching Hayes like a hawk. 

       "You gotta give her something here, okay? She's done good, she's really pushed herself, but she also wouldn't stop asking about you. You gotta trust her."

 "I do trust her Hayes." 

            "No..You trust her to an extent, but you haven't told her what goes on in the crazy ass brain of yours." 

                                   Why is he always right? It's annoying.

 "I don't want to scare her away or ruin her life...She deserves a guy who can give her the world ...That's not me."

           "If you're not her soulmate, you're pretty damn close, besides from what she's said to me...She's not going ANYWHERE. I don't know if she's an idiot or just bat shit crazy, but you couldn't run her off if you tried."