N I N E T E E N

Start bij het begin

I finished my make up and went to put on the dress I was wearing for the night. It was a long black dress with a slit down my leg with long sleeves and a thin gold belt that went around my waist. It was beautiful and elegant looking.

I also picked out some strappy black heels to wear and as soon as I finished putting them on, Mom came to tell me Anthony was here.

"Wow" Anthony smiled as I walked down the hallway.

"You didn't barge into my room this time" I laughed.

"Yeah, your Dad stopped me" He gestured to where my dad was standing.

"Of course" I laughed.

"Don't forget your purse sweetheart. Let me get a picture of you two" Mom pushed us together and I leaned into Anthony as she clicked the photo.

"That's perfect" Mom smiled.

It was 10:30 by the time we got out of my house. Anthony and I made small talk the entire ride to his house. He told me about who was going to be there. Just some of his parents colleagues and their families. We pulled up to his house at around 11.

"Summer!" Mrs. Walton exclaimed as we walked inside. "Come here! Let me introduce you to my friends"

Anthony and I walked over and Mrs. Walton introduced me to at least a dozen of her work friends as her sons 'amazing and wonderful' girlfriend.

"Tony, go take her over to say Hello to your father" Mrs. Walton motions over to the group of men in the kitchen.

"Mom" Anthony grits his teeth and I furrow my eyebrows.

"Tony. Please. Not tonight" Mrs. Walton whispers to him.

"Fine. C'mon Summer" Anthony wraps his arm around my waist and leads me towards the men.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

"Yeah. Dad. You remember my girlfriend, Summer" He says as we walk up.

"Summer. Yes! You're the football captains sister. Right?" Mr. Walton nods and shakes my hand.

"Yes sir" I smile politely.

"Your brother is the reason my son wouldn't try out for captain" Mr. Walton points out.

"I didn't want to be captain" Anthony sighs.

"He would have made a great captain" Mr. Walton says to the men he was standing with.

"Okay dad" Anthony nods and grabs my hand but before we could walk away Mr. Walton grabs his shoulder.

"Wait, Tony I need to talk to you"

"Summer, go talk to Harper for a few minutes. I'll be right over" Anthony gestures to where his sister was standing.

"Hey Harper!" I smile.

"Summer! Thank god. I was thinking that I was just going to be surrounded by the stuck up crowd" She breathes a sigh of relief.

"Stuck up crowd?" I question.

"Yasmine Carter and her friends" She rolls her eyes. "Her dad works with my dad"

"Oh god. She's here?" I ask and she nods.

"Yeah. Dad's been trying to make me go talk to her but I really don't want to" Harper rolls her eyes.

Harper and I talk for 10 minutes and the entire time my eyes keep wondering over to Anthony who seemed to be getting angrier and angrier.

"Is he okay?" I ask Harper when Anthony starts coming over.

"He just gets that way around Dad sometimes. Don't worry" Harper whispers.

"Hey" Anthony kisses my forehead.

"Are you okay?" I ask and he nods.

"Yeah I'm-"

"Hey guys" I almost groan at the sound of her voice.

"Yasmine" Harper says with a tight smile.

"Harper" Yasmine glances over at her.

"What do you want?" Anthony asks outright.

"I just wanted to see how you guys are doing" Yasmine says. "I saw that you and Kali weren't talking, Summer"

"Yeah" I nod. "Because of you" I whisper under my breath.

"What was that?" She asked.

"Nothing" I smile fakely up at her.

God why is she so tall?

"Okay well, I have to get back to my parents. It was great to see you, Tony" Yasmine pushed me aside to hug Anthony and Harper and I stare at her like she's crazy.

Once she walked away Harpe was the first one to speak up.

"What a bitch"

"Agreed" Anthony snorted while wrapping his arm back around me.

"Could she hide her feelings towards Summer any worse?" Harper asked.

"It's just because we're dating" Anthony said.

"No. She hated Summer since you guys were in middle school. No offense" Harper said.

"None taken" I snorted.

"What do you mean?" Anthony furrowed his eyebrows.

"She used to talk shit about Summer to her friends when you weren't around. Sometimes she would even talk shit about her to me and I was like a baby" Harper said.

"Did you know?" Anthony asked me and I nodded.

"She cursed me out in the bathroom at school Freshman year"

"Why didn't you tell me?" Anthony furrowed his eyebrows and looked down at me.

"I didn't want to mess up you guys' relationship" I shrugged.

"God I was oblivious" Anthony muttered to himself.

"Everyone! 2 minutes until the ball drops!" Mrs. Walton announces and everyone gathers around the television.

"Are you excited for the new year?" Anthony whispered in my ear.

"A little bit. Are you?" I turned my head towards him so we were only inches away from each other.

"A little bit" He smiled down at me.

10, 9, 8, 7

I stared into his beautiful green eyes. They were staring right back at my blue ones. They flicked down at my lips and I blushed.

6, 5, 4, 3

I could smell his mint toothpaste as he leaned in closer. His eyes flickered shut and I followed suit.

2, 1

His lips were on mine. It didn't feel like our fake kisses. But it didn't feel like the drunken kiss I gave him at the party. It didn't even feel like the kiss he gave me on Halloween. This one felt real. It was soft but passionate. It felt desperate. Like he wanted to tell me something but couldn't. I don't know.

But what I did know... was that I was in love with Anthony Walton.