Chapter 25- ENDING

"Bye Jason, thanks for everything!" I waved to Jason as Eric and me walked out the front door.

"Bye Amy, get home safe!" He said leaning on the door frame.

We walked to Eric's bike and put on our helmets.

Eric hopped on, then I did as well.

"You ready?" Eric asked.

"Yep, and can we not mention to anyone about what happened in this house? Like nothing whatsoever?"

"I already told you I would." He chuckled.

"Okay then, let's go!" I said happily.

He started the bike and we were off.

***

About an hour passed and we were still on the highway.

It's not too busy so I guess we should get back home in about thirty minutes to an hour.

"Eric?" I said.

"Hm?" He hummed.

"Do you love me?"

"I thought I already answered this question." He laughed.

"Yeah, I think you asked it about twenty times already."

"Eric, I'm serious." I said sternly.

He's not taking me seriously.

"I just want to know the real reason why we're dating. Is that so much to ask?"

"Is it because you think I'm pretty, I'm smart, you just were bored? Or could it be you just wanted to have one good night then leave? Did you want to hook up just for the fun of it, or what?"

"Amy calm down, it's not for any of those reasons!"

"Then what is it?!"

"I-I uh, I just wanted a change." He sighed.

"That meaning what?" I said confused.

"I did bad things to myself just so I can be entertained and I needed help. I needed someone to show me the way out of the darkness and you showed me that."

"I did things that no one would ever think I'd do." He said as he kept his eyes on the road.

"What types of things?" I said softly.

A moment of silence passed by.

"I would uh, I would get high almost every week. I did drugs okay? Once I started I didn't know how to stop." He said which made my heart stop for a second.

"I stopped when I met you though. I felt when I first met you, you were a sign, you were hope."

"How do I know that you didn't take anything before we left?" I said trying not to sound scared.

But I am, all this time.

He's not the person I thought he was.

"I don't know how to get you to believe me."

"Was this all just a game to you? Am I just the little puppet and you are the puppet master playing a game with your little toy? Was I this clueless to ever think that something good in my life would happen? Apparently!" I said as my eyes started to water.

"Amy, it's not like that!"

"Then what is it like, hm? Tell me, because I am sure that there's no way in hell that it will be anything good that will come out of that filthy mouth of yours!" I said angrily trying not to let my sadness show.