F I V E

five | diva in distress

"I'm over you. Better believe it's true. Oh, I see in your eyes the time that you lied. I'm over you. I'm over you. Darling, I'm done, I'm through.
You can say it again that you want to be friends, but when we get to the end, I'm glad. I'm over you."

Skylar smiled and clapped along with Conner, Ethan, and Dr. Oliver as Kira finished singing. Sighing, Kira hopped off the stage and walked towards the table the four were sitting at, taking off her guitar and sitting next to Skylar who smiled at the blonde. Skylar pulled her top down slightly as she sat up, feeling the material rise.

 Skylar pulled her top down slightly as she sat up, feeling the material rise

"That was awesome. Is that something new?" Conner asked, getting a nod in reply from Kira. "Yeah. I'm still working on the hook, but I think there's something there." Kira shrugged, smiling softly. Ethan grinned from beside the blonde, nodding his head. "I'm telling you. If this superhero gig doesn't work out, you definitely have a musical career to fall back on." Ethan said, Skylar nodding in agreement with his statement. Kira sighed.

"It's kinda hard to have a musical career when you can't even get anyone to listen to you play." Kira said, looking down to the table as she frowned. Trent, who was delivering Skylar's smoothie to her, looked towards the blonde and gave her a smile. "Well, I was listening, and I think you rock." Trent said, gaining Kira's attention as she smiled at him. Looking back towards Conner, Skylar and Conner shared a smirk before looking back towards Kira and Trent.

"What are you working on?" Kira asked, moving to grab the sketchbook in Trent's arms - only for him to pull it back at the last second. "Not until it's done." Trent shook his head, causing Skylar to laugh slightly. The brunette's attention was brought towards Dr. Oliver as he spoke up, "Nobody appreciates good music anymore. All you hear on the radio is that pop garbage." Hayley nodded in agreement from beside the teacher, joining the conversation.

"Yeah. Like what's her name? Kayla?" Hayley asked, thinking for a name. "Kylee Styles?" Skylar asked, rolling her eyes at the name. It was an understatement to say that the brunette was not a fan of the singer. Hayley nodded. "Hey, Kylee Styles has some good music." Conner defended, causing Ethan to chuckle. "Translation - he thinks she's fine." The Blue Ranger said, earning some laughs from around the table.

Conner shook his head, "No I don't" He paused as Ethan gave him a look. "Okay, yeah, I do. But that has nothing to do with it." As Conner said that, Skylar could feel a slight drop of her heart, making her frown a bit. "You know, she used to be a really good songwriter. She was really sweet, too. Now she's all about image." Kira said, earning a look from both Ethan and Conner as Skylar raised an eyebrow towards the blonde.

"You say that like you two are friends." Ethan said, furrowing his eyebrows. Kira nodded. "We used to be." This earned more looks from two teenage boys. "What? It's true. We were in a band together. Then she got discovered by this agent, and now she's this huge pop diva." Kira said, shaking her head as she thought about the diva Kylee has become. Conner chuckled, still not believing Kira.