T W O

two | first days and shocking reveals

The next day, Skylar stood in front of Reefside High School - debating whether or not to go into the building or leave the campus and lying to her mother that she wasn't allowed in the school. At the moment, she was preferring the second option, especially once she saw just how large this school was. Sighing and going against her better judgement, Skylar made her way through the doors and into the high school, immediately gaining all eyes on her the moment she stepped through the doors.

Ignoring the gazes on her, the brunette made her way through the crowds of students towards the front office in order to get her schedule for the remainder of the year. A boy whistled from behind her, causing Skylar to roll her eyes as she felt his eyes on her figure. Subconsciously, she pulled her jacket closer to her body, knowing that it would do nothing to hide her from the gazes.

 Subconsciously, she pulled her jacket closer to her body, knowing that it would do nothing to hide her from the gazes

Sighing, Skylar continued her way to the office - making it there quite quickly. Walking inside, she was immediately welcomed by the receptionist who greeted her. "Hi, my name is Skylar Nicole. I'm new and was here to pick up my schedule." Skylar smiled, walking closer to the desk. The woman smiled and nodded, picking up a folder and handing it to the brunette. "Your schedule, locker number and combination, and a map of Reefside High should be in there." The woman explained as Skylar nodded.

Looking through the folder, Skylar found everything that she was told was going to be in there. "Thank you." Skylar nodded before walking out of the office. Looking at both her schedule and map, the brunette tried to put together where her home room was going to be at - and failing. "Skylar!" Looking up in surprise, Skylar smiled as she saw three familiar faces and one that she didn't know.

"Hey, guys." Skylar greeted as the four made their way towards her. Kira grinned at the girl. "Skylar, this is one of out friends, Trent. Trent, this is Skylar." Kira introduced the two to each other, causing them to wave at each other. Noticing the two papers in her hand, Conner spoke up, "Looking for your home room?" Skylar laughed slightly and nodded in response.

"Who do you have?" Ethan asked, glancing down towards her paper before up at her. Skylar looked down to her schedule, biting her lip as she looked for the name of the teacher. "Dr. Oliver?" She said, questioning it at the end. Kira smiled along with the others as they realized they all had the same class for home room together. "We all have him too. C'mon, we'll lead the way." Trent offered, nodding his head towards the direction of the classroom.

Skylar smiled at him and nodded, following the four to the class as they made small talk and joked around.

"So, what did you think of your first day at Reefside High?" Conner asked as they five sat at one of the tables at Hayley's Cyberspace. Skylar scrunched her nose, shaking her head. "The only good teacher that I actually like is Dr. Oliver." Skylar said, causing the others to laugh. Looking at his watch, Trent sighed as he stood up from his seat. "Well, I have to get back to work." He groaned in annoyance, causing the others to laugh as he walked away from the table.

Looking to her phone, Kira's eyes widened at the time. "Oh shoot! Ethan, we have to go work on our project!" Kira exclaimed, standing up in a hurry. Ethan's eyes widened as he nodded in agreement and also stood up, quickly packing up his things. The two said their goodbyes quickly before they left the building, leaving Conner and Skylar alone at the table. Conner looked towards the brunette, smiling slightly.

"And then there were two." Skylar laughed at his comment and nodded as the two continued to two. Their conversation was cut off by Skylar's phone ringing, causing her to look at her bag. Sighing, the brunette picked up her bag on the table and started looking through it for her phone. As she brought out her phone, the pink gem that she found yesterday fell out. Conner's eyes widened as he looked at the gem before Skylar put the gem back into the bag.

"Hello?" Skylar answered the phone, her eyes widening as she heard her mother on the other side of the line. "Oh. Hola mamá. Estoy bien aquí, ¿y tú?" Skylar looked towards Conner and gave him an apologetic smile as she covered the microphone. "I'll be right back." Skylar whispered as she stood from the table and walked outside, still on the phone. As she left, Conner looked back towards her bag and opened it, grabbing the gem and looking at it with wide eyes.

"What the?" Conner muttered to himself in confusion. Looking around, Conner brought his morpher up to his mouth and called the lab. "Dr. O?" Conner asked, immediately getting a respond, "Yes, Conner?" Glancing back to the door to see if Skylar was coming back, Conner held the gem up to take a closer look. "Remember when we were looking for those signals yesterday?" Conner paused, sighing.

"Well, I found the Dino Gem we were looking for."

Oh. Hola mamá. Estoy bien aquí, ¿y tú? |Oh. Hi Mom. I'm fine here, and you?