Free Falling

Apparently my fervent Thank you's were celebrated too soon, because the zombie found some impossible route to cut me off. That's right, cut me off. He got directly in my way! Unbelievable! Can't he tell I am running AWAY!? I stopped dead in my tracks, whirled around, and fled to the right. Guess going to the safe factory would have to wait.

"ARE YOU FLIPPING KIDDING ME!?" I shrieked as I ran. I was granted a gurgle of rage in response. I was so mad that my head hurt, maybe focusing on something else would help me. So I decided to turn my attention to freeing myself from my ropey prison. I stumbled often, for running with my hands tied awkwardly in front of was no easy task.

It took several tries, but I succeeded. Once my hands were free, the ropes fell down at my legs and I had to jump over them mid-run.

"Mateo!" I heard Liam's voice, which, surprisingly, was closer than I thought. WAS HE CHASING AFTER US!?

"Liam go back!" I yelled. "It's not safe!"

"Like heck I'm going back. I won't leave without you!"

My heart, had it not been pounding from my run for life, would have fluttered at that statement.

My heart also would have jumped into my throat from my free fall. Apparently mother earth decided that there should be a cliff conveniently placed RIGHT where I was running. One second I was on solid ground, and the next I was hurtling in a downward spiral.

"Liam!-" My words died in my throat as I stepped into the empty space where solid ground should have been.

The zombie had almost caught up, but stopped at the edge. He didn't seem to like the idea of getting wet in the pool of water below. He roared, but it was short coming for he stopped abruptly.

The last thing I saw was the brain splattering from the zombie's head, and Liam's form standing at the edge of the cliff. Then I hit the water below with a solid Splat. A sharp, stinging, back-breaking pain enveloped my entire body in a death grip.

The last thing I heard, even felt, was Liam's desperate plea.

"Mateo!"

Then everything went black.

**************************************************************************

I Know the chapters are very short rn but I promise there is apurpose...although mildly irritating lol