Sleepovers, Michael Jackson, and life regrets

When one finds three large sets of hair rollers, one does not simply allow the third set to remain unused. Liam was surprisingly open to this argument but that might have been because I was twirling his hunting knife between my fingers when I asked him and from his perspective it might have looked a wee bit threatening. Not that I would ever threaten him, but what he assumes is none of my business.

As it turns out, Liam is very susceptible to sugar highs. After Aislynn found a large bottle of Dr Pepper, we dared him to chug the whole thing. He did it in seventeen seconds flat and his pupils dilated like he'd ingested a little more than soda. Then he jumped up on the couch, screamed, "I AM THE KING OF THE MOUNTAIN!" and threw one of Aislynn's high heels at her. It bounced off the corner of her forehead.

"Ouch," she whined, pressing fingers to the already-swelling spot.

"Heh heh heh, that's how it feels," I teased before a purse whacked me across the face.

"Silence peasant," Liam commanded. "I shall not have my domain disturbed.

"Oh?" I asked. Aislynn, recognizing the tone, grinned. We each lunged for one of Liam's feet and pulled. They flew up in the air, Liam's head thwacked against the wall, and he flopped on the couch.

"Oops," said. Aislynn. Panicking, I lunged to Liam's side and shook his shoulders, trying to wake him and praying I hadn't accidentally killed him. Thoughts of mouth-to-mouth resuscitation were just starting to cross my mind when his eyelids fluttered open.

"Mat," he mumbled. I threw my arms around his neck.

"Oh thank goodness, you're alive!"

"Mat," he mumbled again. I locked eyes with him. He held my stare. And then all of a sudden, my vision filled with white, coldness spread across my face, and a sugary, fatty substance filled my nostrils. I spat and wiped my eyes.

"What in the name of all that is good and wonderful!" I snapped. Liam danced just out of my reach, a lopsided grin on his face.

"It is good and wonderful, isn't it! Whipped cream, mother father! HA HA Hack! Mrrrnllleck!"

I squinted through the burning sugar and barely made out Aislynn on Liam's back, covering his eyes as he staggered from wall to wall and tried to knock her off. I stumbled towards Liam, trying to help in some way, but my social skills are in the small department, and I felt the extreme urge to just sit there and watch, maybe learn some new fighting styles from Aislynn to use on Liam when I didn't get my way.

...............................................................................................

"Charades?" I gaped, folding my arms. Liam, Aislynn and I currently sat in a circle on the floor. Our little get-together was stationed in the library on the second floor of the mall. Sam sat by me, her head placed on my criss-crossed legs. "You are kidding...right?" I questioned.

"Do I look like I am kidding to you?" Liam was very obviously offended, and peeved. I found out the hard way that he was an angry sugar high type of guy. He didn't seem to realize where he was and mostly threw things at us...like books, or shoes. "It's not like we have anything else to do right now."

Actually I could think of a million different things to do at that moment; like eat, scavenge, play with Sam, heck, I would even clean at this point. Liam, however, would NOT take no for an answer. "Aislynn?" I asked, hoping for some help, another game, something! She just looked at me, our horrible fate sealed in her eyes.

"Charades it is, then." I muttered. Liam cheered. "I'll go first!" He stumbled clumsily to his feet, wobbling dangerously. For several seconds, Aislynn and I sat there and watched as he tried to gain balance. I leaned over to Aislynn and cupped a hand over my mouth, whispering into her ear, "Do you think he would get worse if he was drunk?"