Chapter 8: Stop Torturing Yourself

//Sorry this one took so long to post, was super busy this week. Anyway, I totally think Ash would look like Ruby Rose just blonde and Oriel possibly Jessica Origliasso. ^^// 

Oriel

Weeks were passing by quickly and Oriel was missing Ash. Alex and Rique kept watching her and she rarely ever saw Ash, except at school. But seeing her there began to upset her. She was always in her Etiquette class, seeing Ms. Smirnov and she'd even kiss her cheek sometimes. She'd bring her food or coffee and Oriel couldn't help but think they were dating and it hurt her. She didn't know what to do. No one could know about her feelings for her. Then it hit her. Natalie had already suspected something, jokingly, but it was step in the right direction or wrong in this case. When Oriel got out of her last class, she hurried across campus, ignoring Alex's normal chatter about how he could help her with her Defense class but she never wanted his help, only Ash's. Her eyes searched the courtyard and she finally spotted Natalie walking out of the scene building, waving goodbye to a friend. "Hey, Nat!" She called and began to run, leaving Alex behind. She ended up next to her in mere seconds. "Oh, hey, Ori." She smiled, holding her bag tight in her hands.

"Mind if I come over today? I have a lot to talk about."

"Sure." Natalie smiled, taking her phone out. "Let me just tell my family so we have enough blood for you too."

"Yes, I'll be staying over as well."

Oriel and Natalie turned as the sounds of heavy breathing and coughing met their ears. Alex was bent over, gasping for breath. "W-wait, let me clear it with Ash."

Oriel almost rolled her eyes. She's probably too busy with Ms. Smirnov. "Just let Rique know." Oriel rattled off, turning to Natalie as she spoke to her mom and soon ended the call. "Alright, my mom says we'd be delighted if you came over. They haven't seen you in ages."

"Great." Oriel smiled and began following Natalie over to her car. Alex spoke quickly into his earpiece. "Alright, we're good."

But Oriel didn't care, she'd go if she wanted to. Besides it was just Natalie's place, they knew her well Ash did. She slid into the passenger side with Alex in the back.

Natalie's tiny Fiat made it to her house in no time as the academy was only 20 minutes away.

"Oh, hello, Oriella." Natalie's mom, Katrina greeted Oriel at the door and she hugged her tight. "Nice to see you, Oriel." Natalie's dad, Andrew smiled at her, bowing slightly to the queen. "It's nice to see you all too. Please don't mind my bodyguard, Alex."

Alex grinned walking in behind Oriel. Oriel looked around the house, it looked just the same as when she slept over just much more livelier. Food was cooking on the stove and the TV now displayed some reality TV show. "Ori, Ori, Ori!" Natalie's younger brother cried as he ran up to hug her and Oriel hugged back. "Hello there, little one. Feeling better I see."

He grinned and Oriel caught sight of his tiny fangs. "It was a shame, Oliver had to miss your coronation. You know he loves seeing you." Katrina smiled, walking into the kitchen. "Awwuh, well I love seeing him too. I'm sorry, I've been so busy with school.."

"Alright, mom, she's my friend." Natalie began to tug Oriel out of the kitchen and up the stairs, Alex followed right behind. "Please, wait outside, Alex." Oriel instructed and Alex nodded, standing beside Natalie's door and the two walked inside her room.

"So, what's up? Why the sudden need to hang out?"

"Well, you were right. I do like Ash."

Natalie smirked, putting her bookbag away and flicked on her light as well as another switch and the sounds of Lights' Suspension echoed throughout the room. "Yes! So what happened? I was going to ask you why she wasn't here."