Chapter 6: Let Me Breathe You In

//Sorry slow posts, I've been working and stuff.. chapters are slowly being made and I might still add an Prologue, sorry for the lateness. Vote. Comment. thanks. c: 

The remainder of the week was boring for Oriel besides her meet in Denver. The only thing keeping her on her toes was that Hunting/Defense class and she hated it. She began relying on Ash more than ever when they went to that class especially during the two labs of the week. It was terrible and Oriel hated figuring out how to hunt and use certain weapons. It wasn't just normal hunting for a vampire either, it was hunting in general but more focused on vampiric ways. Not only would they hunt human dummies in class, it also included fake animals and Oriel hated animal blood. She hoped she never had to survive on her own.

Oriel groaned plopping down on her bed. "Cressida, save me!" She yelled, screaming the goddess' name out loud. She heard Ash walk into the room to sit in her desk chair, removing her glasses. "What's wrong?"

"That damned class."

"Oriel, its easy. You've learned basic stuff this week. Seek, destroy and conquer. Just use your sense of smell, figure out the best way to attack and you're done. It doesn't seem too hard."

"That's because you know how to kill people already." She mumbled, pushing her bookbag off the bed, it landed onto the floor with a loud thump.

"I don't know how to kill people. I know how to defend myself." Ash folded her arms across her chest.

"How about I help you first thing tomorrow. In the gym downstairs, I'm sure that's enough room for us. We'll practice in there from now on."

"How would it work for this?"

"You can hunt me."

Oriel froze as she thought about sinking her teeth into Ash's smooth skin and she bit her lip hard, almost drawing blood and fell back onto her bed. "Ok."

~*~

Oriel got up early that Saturday and changed into a sports bra and a pair of yoga pants before walking downstairs to meet Ash in the tiny gym in her home. She wanted to do it early because soon she'd be leaving to go to Washington later that day.

She flicked the light on as she walked into the gym. It was set up in an odd way. The weights were moved to one side, the exercise equipment was also moved out of the way. Ash stood in the center, hands behind her back. She wore a pair of yoga pants and a sports bra and running shoes. Oriel's eyes narrowed slightly at the sight before and she swallowed, taking in Ash's figure. It was odd but also breathtaking to see her out of her normal professional get up. "I know I said we'd practice in here but there's a nice number of trees outside that will help for this exercise. We'll play a game of.. hide and seek so to speak except you'll be blind folded. This will force you to use your other senses, hearing and smell." Oriel groaned and sighed. "The sun's outside."

"It's always outside." Ash glared.

"I'll get sick."

"The sun does not make you sick.." Ash began making her way over to Oriel and handed her a long black cloth. "I'll burn up."

Ash began laughing quietly as she opened the back door so they could walk out. Oriel stepped into her backyard. It was just a pool followed by a bunch of trees, like Ash had said. "It would be better at night but this will have to do. I'll go hide and you find me. If you don't find me in ten minutes, we'll start over."

Oriel growled, stomping her foot. "Ashton."

"Remember what Dr. Rocque said." She snapped and began running into the trees.